Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Restaurants Good or Great

Coming to aruba July 2010. Need to know what restaurants are good to great.

thank you

Dream,

Some of my old standby places have slipped recently. As I rule, I do not post bad restaurant reviews because any place can have a bad night once in a while. However, I may bend this rule a bit in the near future.

Given the high prices some restaurants insist on charging, I'm going to expect and ask for more quality in both the food and the service, especially if they're going to clip an automatic 15% service charge and then leave a line for the "gratuity."

For those restaurant owners/operators who check these boards from time to time, may I humbly suggest you take heart to this message. I was quite embarrassed when I recommended a place to first-time visitors and they reported back things were "below par" and "disappointing" and the prices were "too high" and service was "lousy."

Sure, a bad night here and there can happen. But there is a general decline at too many places and in the interest of honesty, I'm going to begin to name them.

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Sure, a bad night here and there can happen. But there is a general decline at too many places and in the interest of honesty, I'm going to begin to name them.

Bon dia.

I look forward to your thoughts. It is a fact that you are not the only one to feel this way.

ArubaLisa,

Look forward to swapping some stories if you have a chance during your Holiday visit.

As per the restaurants, I'm sad to start a negative concept, but as someone posted on another board, hard earned money is spent in these places. I would never want to steer anyone wrong and have them feel that their money was wasted, especially in these difficult times. (My sincere hope is that I don't have to go back and delete some posts from my blog.)

On the bright side, I must say my little local places are flying the colors high and proud, delivering that zany cuisine with flair and style.

Talk to you soon.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Lisa and I both have similar stories/experiences about a once well-loved restaurant of ours that has been in our hearts (and our stomachs) since 1996. Unfortunately, things have changed. After a first "so-so" experience we gave it one more try this past Sept. and......we are very, very sad to take it off our "must always do" restaurant list.

Just like you said...cash is hard-earned and hard to come by these days and I want to put it to its best use possible.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I would also agree I have experienced the same in the past year. I was very disappointed when we were out there in April for our wedding. We took some of our friends/family out to our favorite Italian resturant and were embarassed about the treatment/service we received. We ended up picking up the bill as well because we felt bad...I turned in a complaint card but never heard anything else after that.