Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

top high rise eateries

Hi all. Looking for good places to eat walking distance to the marriott properties. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I've found this great website where all restaurants in Aruba are rated and everybody can post comments on their experience at the restaurant they've eaten at.

My favorites are: Madamme Jeanette, Flying Fishbone and Hadicurari

Here's the website:
    http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/

Inexpensive
    Salt and Pepper
    Tomato Charlie's

Expensive
    Sunset Grille at the Radisson

walking distance

I went on aruba resturaunt website and saw the google earth style map with rest. listings.With the exception of the marriott rest. there looks like only 5-6 within walking distance. The reason I ask for nearby places to dine is so I dont have to rent a car for 7 days. We are trying to avoid the bus (wife and baby in stroller). I also like to come and go when I want. Might end up getting a car anyway the way things look.

You got alot around you can dine everything is walking distance you really don't need a car .
    Benihana under hooters is very good they cook at front of you
    take a cab for Madame Jeanette .
    For lunch Casa Del Mar on the beach pizza very good .
    Salt Pepper is good
    Petit Cafe for breakfast is very good
    You got so many you could choose .around you
    I didn't care for Champion ??
    Ruth Christ
    ont the beach for me they are good
    You really want to walk is so nice ,
    We just come back after two week stay..
    Enjoy your vacation.

The New Mall Accross From The Holiday Gives You Plenty Of Good Options

There are allot of restaurant close to the Marriott. I will list them for you.
    All of these are walking distance and the ones I recommend. (less than 10 minutes walking)
    Amazonia
    Texas de Brazil
    Hostaria da Vittorio
    Hadicurari
    Salt & Pepper (lunch)
    Tango
    Simply Fish (at the Marriott beach)
    Gianni's Restaurante Italiano
    Ruinas del Mar (at the Hyatt)

You would have to rent a car or order a cab if you would like to go to other restaurants like Madame Jeanette or Flying Fishbone.

Cool I have to disagree

The only way to make a short walk from the Marriott to the high rise strip is along the beach, and then through a strip hotel (for example, the Holiday Inn, which is the closest). Although it's an easy, short walk, making tons of great restaurants within easy distance, I'm not sure you can get a stroller across the sand. You can walk around, but, (1) it's a LOT longer, and (2) I wouldn't want to walk a stroller along the main road, where cars move pretty fast. You may want to rent a car, drive it to the strip and then walk around.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Collector View Post
    The only way to make a short walk from the Marriott to the high rise strip is along the beach, and then through a strip hotel (for example, the Holiday Inn, which is the closest). Although it's an easy, short walk, making tons of great restaurants within easy distance, I'm not sure you can get a stroller across the sand. You can walk around, but, (1) it's a LOT longer, and (2) I wouldn't want to walk a stroller along the main road, where cars move pretty fast. You may want to rent a car, drive it to the strip and then walk around.
    Wholeheartedly agree. Also, don't know how well lit it is at night for strolling the beach. I feel safer in Aruba than I do at home, but I would not walk down a dark street in either spot.

We just got back from the Marriott and there is a short walk that is not on the beach. Just ask someone at the pool bar and they will show you the path to the street. The beach is a nice walk and has a sidewalk so you can take a stroller on that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast