Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Restaurants that are not mentioned often

We agree wholeheartedly with the mention of Bavaria. Our last two vacations, we went twice each time. We tend to avoid a lot of the food we can get at home (Italian, pizza, burgers) but after a bunch of the usual seafood and beef dishes, the German menu is a really nice change of pace. Everything is exceptionally well-prepared and the beer is outstanding.

Rhys

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Ok, so yep, we LOVE the Local Store! Also not mentioned much is Gasparito's... LOVE LOVE LOVE the catch of the day with the Criyoyo Sauce. Also their escargot as an appetizer is to die for!!! It's family owned and operated and we love that.

Another one is inland a bit, but we love the atmosphere, the ribs and the really cold beer. Fermin's BBQ.. YUM YUM YUM and REALLY budget friendly!!! You have to try the Yucca "local style" with pickled sweet onions...oh yum!

For a quick, cheap and AMAZING LUNCH.. you have to try the local snack called Shoco (Owl in Papaimento..the national bird). The beef soup (Carni Sopi) is to die for! Also they have platters..fish, chicken, beef. They are only open for break and lunch and they don't have much of a "sitting area", just a really small bartop and a couple of high tops. If you all know where the "Sasaki Texaco" used to be.. Now called the Sasaki Service Center... if you come of the main road to the first circle, turn right onto Schotlandstraat.. and it is not to far up on your left.

Also we LOVE Redfish (Owners of Driftwood, I think)... Great pricing and the whole snapper is to die for. I also LOVE the Oyster soup....
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own! www.myarubadreamvilla.com

We always go to Que Pasa. I seem to always order off the specials menu! They have some very unique items. In November they had Wahoo Wellington instead of Beef Wellington. It was yummy! This last trip we tried Bavaria for the first time and have added it to our list. Great pretzels and beer and the entrees were great as well. Great owners too!

Love some of the other suggestions. Will give some a try on our next trip in November.

Taj Mahal downtown is always a must for us, and we have always been very happy. The papadam with the 2 sauces is great. We will have to try Tandoor on our upcoming trip. Just looked at the Tandoor menu, and it looks like quite a bit pricier than Taj Mahal.
    Last edited by CPhT Nancy; 04-02-2016 at 04:57 PM.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

Oh yes on Tulips also. We always make one lunch pilgrimage there to have tomato soup and grilled cheese. It's fantastic.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I haven't heard of B55 in a long time. My sister went there yesterday. In the past she enjoyed her meals there but yesterday she though the food was greasy though plentiful.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 04-03-2016 at 03:20 PM.

I love Tulip, Papillon, and Gostoso.

Aruba since 1979
    that is too bad

i have been there with your sister K and we had great meals.

i had heard that it has not been as good in recent years. i think that is why paul and i have not been there in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I haven't heard of B55 in a long time. My sister went there yesterday. In the past she enjoyed her meals there but yesterday she though the food was greasy though plentiful.

There are so many good choices now that for a typical 7 day vacation its really hard to pick. We've done all of the oft-mentioned major tourist places except the chains, pizza places, and newest ones like Quinta Del Carmen (and the dressy/expensive fine-dining places.) One popular place we tried will remain nameless, but everyone online seems to love it and we found it to be dreadful.

Pincho's isn't on everyone's must-do list, but we really enjoyed the meal and view and will go back. Same with Arubaville, except I wish it was a little easier to get back to the highway. Hollywood Smokehouse was really good too, much better than Smokey Joe's.

Rhys

I'm a fan of Hollywood Smokehouse. Always order their pulled pork, delicious.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast