Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Restaurants that are not mentioned often

Okay, so no one has mentioned The Old Fisherman, downtown and between the bus depot and the Ren? Sorry to hijack but is there a reason? We will stay at the Ren Marina for the last night of our June trip and try to hit this spot on one night and thought that would be the night.

Aruba since 1979
    we loved old fisherman!
    then about 3 or 4 yrs ago it fell off of our radar.

i think you should give it a try in june!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelNLesa View Post
    Okay, so no one has mentioned The Old Fisherman, downtown and between the bus depot and the Ren? Sorry to hijack but is there a reason? We will stay at the Ren Marina for the last night of our June trip and try to hit this spot on one night and thought that would be the night.

We like Hung Paradise in the Seaport Mall. We found out about it from this BB years ago. Food is good and great prices.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I have this strange aversion to eating Italian in the Caribbean for some reason so we never really hit those style of restaurants. I guess I associate Italian food with winter comfort food or something.

Except pizza. Mmmmm. Pizza.

I agree on the Italian food. We have eaten pizza and Italian a few times in Aruba (wanted to try that wheel of cheese dish!), but being a seafood lover and living in Indiana, I don't get to enjoy wonderful fish here so I try to eat fish just about every night in Aruba! Now my husband is not much of a fish eater so he's tried the steaks pretty much every place we've eaten!

Same thing with Chinese. I love it but have yet to try it in Aruba.

Benihana is not mentioned here too often. Likely because it's a chain I guess, but we don't have any in Jersey. There is one in the city, but I've never been. We went to the one in Aruba a few years ago - the kids had a blast!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Benihana is not mentioned here too often. Likely because it's a chain I guess, but we don't have any in Jersey. There is one in the city, but I've never been. We went to the one in Aruba a few years ago - the kids had a blast!
    There are actually three in NJ - Short Hills, Edison, Cherry Hill. Had no idea that there was one in Aruba. Large chain, not unlike Tony Roma's.

Rhys

Thanks I didn't know that. No where near me - the closest would be in NYC.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I've never been a fan of that style of cooking. We've tried Benihana and Blossoms.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Haven't heard anything about Pam Pam and Peanuts restaurants in a long time.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast