Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Restaurants requiring Credit Card for securing a reservation. Comments?

Same here Lisa, I've had card numbers stolen & used in countries I have never visited before. AmEx contacted me before I even noticed and I keep a very close eye on my credit & debit accounts.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I don't make reservations on restaurants but I used my credit card to make reservations for my accommodation and my rental car, as required by those Aruban businesses. I had used their websites.

I also gave my credit card number over the phone to the veterinarian in Aruba to make a donation for CAS Animal Sanctuary. I did the same here in the US to help some dogs.

Years ago, when I had to make some business arrangements for my former boss to travel the US, I had to use his credit card to book flights and hotel rooms, I had faxed them the info. Otherwise, it would have been impossible to make any reservations.

I, too, watch our credit card charges closely. So far, no problems. Knocking on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Same here Lisa, I've had card numbers stolen & used in countries I have never visited before. AmEx contacted me before I even noticed and I keep a very close eye on my credit & debit accounts.
    Amex declined our card when we were trying to gas up in south Georgia just off the Interstate! Since we live in North Georgia they decided it was suspicious activity. Better safe than sorry.

I have had my cc company call me after a trip to aruba telling me someone was trying to manually use my cc. I live close to pittsburgh pa and this was in maryland...I told them I was not in md and they stopped to charge and sent me a new cc.
    The only places I used the card was at hotel and rental car agency....and I paid cash when I checked out of hotel and returned car....so someone kept cc info....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

accidents happen too I'm sure. Numbers get copied down wrong, etc. I'm sure not all the fraud we see & hear about it actual fraud.

My debit card's strip on the back is not working at certain stores - the ones with the little machine attached to the side of their monitor. They have to manually put in the number and I can't tell you how many times it has been entered incorrectly.

Aruba since 1979
    slightly off topic, but how ironic is this...
    we live in a golf community.
    there is a restaurant on site in the clubhouse.
    tonight is pasta night at the restaurant ... homemade red sauce, shrimp,sausage, raviolis, meatballs, spaghetti, salad and garlic bread!
    we have been trying so hard on weight watchers for 6 months we have eaten there only once in the past 6 months.
    today we decided wth, we are going to "stuff face"
    when i stopped in to make a reservation, i was asked for my credit card # to guarantee the reservation.

how ironic huh?.
    i gave the hostess my cc number but no exp date or sec code.

Sounds delish!! Enjoy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12