Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Restaurants - Some want my credit card info to hold reservation

Restaurants - Some want my credit card info to hold reservation

Hi everyone,

So far Passions and Yemanja want me to fill out a credit card auth form to hold a dinner reservation on various dates over the two weeks were are there (not christmas or new year eve etc). Do any of provide that in advance? I understand many book and dont show up so I understand, but I am not sure how I feel about that. The cancel charge is $20 or $25 per person if you dont show up. Yemanja has a 48hr window to cancel with no fee. I think I have to avoid those places b/c if a child gets sick the day before I would be past the window. I would be extremely mad to pay $100 for that. I do understand their point of view, but I can not sign up.

So far we have Que Pasa, Mathews (rib night), Barefoot, Driftwood, and Tuip, locked down all without a cc to hold.

Do you give credit card info in advance?
    Last edited by ArubaMike; 12-02-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Yes, we have given cc numbers to lock down
    no charges have been made if we have canceled
    so we've had no issues
    though you must stay on top of it
    Pinchos required one from us a few weeks ago

Yes, we have done Passions and Pinchos a few times (always with parties 5 or more). Never bothered me, and I never had an issue with being charged.

I'm on the other side if the fence and will not give CC information to secure a reservation. I am much more apt to take my chances as a walk in early in the evening. We are here now. Tonight we had reservations at 6:00 at Wilhemnia which is supposed to be one of the more sought after places. At 6:00 we were the only ones dining when we left the restaurant was half full.

Aruba since 1979
    i would give credit card if there was a fair cancellation policy (48 hrs to me seems fair)
    my big concern is credit card security.
    i would want to make sure that the reservation site was secure.

a few years ago, (maybe 2010?) madame janette's asked us for a cc number as we were a group of 12.

Very common practice to give credit card information. I had a friend who wouldn't go anywhere if they asked for a CC but she missed out on a lot of very good places to go to. She has now relented!

Many years back I had a reservation at Marandi's and they had a cc, someone got sick in the group and we called early enough in the day that they did not charge me.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I just noticed on your other thread that you will be in Aruba Dec. 19th to Jan2nd. This is HIGH season and this is the time that many restaurants take cc holds. This has become more common a practice over the past few years basically because of inconsiderate people. As the popular restaurants book up early, people would hold multiple reservations and either cancel last minute or not at all. Either way the restaurant could not fill the space and went without customers (after turning away others). In Aruba, restaurants take cc during this time period not just on Christmas and NYE.

I remember going to Barefoot during the Christmas/NY time period in the first year the restaurant had opened, one night they had ELEVEN reservations not show up. We were there that evening and we felt so bad for this new restaurant. They had brought in extra staff as they "were booked solid" and turned people away only to have an almost empty place. By giving a cc this helps ensure that people be mindful of where and what they have reserved.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I have made online reservations, leaving the CC info blank and call when I'm on the island to confirm the reservation - never had a problem.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I have made online reservations, leaving the CC info blank and call when I'm on the island to confirm the reservation - never had a problem.
    During high season, I believe the restaurants that require a cc will contact you to fill out a form and send it back if not done via an online form. We needed to give cc holds for Blossoms, Yemanja, Windows and Anna Maria's for our reservations during Dec. 19th and Jan. 2nd 2015. I was told no reservation would be completed without CC information. You can try leaving the CC information blank and see what happens but I would be very surprised.

We are usually on the island in July or August. Most places reservation are not even necessary. Should have included that in my post.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast