Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

restaurants on trip March 13-27

Here are my reviews on the restaurants from our trip:

ANNA- MARIA: I did a separate review of this restaurant

BAREFOOT: We went there twice in the past two weeks. In our past two trips we have gone to Barefoot 4 times. We love this new restaurant and its ambiance, service and food is excellent. Luc is so warm and welcoming and they are quickly establishing themselves as a destination restaurant. When we were there during our two weeks at Christmas, they had tables occupied but in contrast both visits on this trip the restaurant was full. We had their goat cheese salad and tomatoe soup both amazing. We both had fish dishes and thought they were fantastic. This restaurant is under a very large Palapa with a few opening with no cover. Some of the tables sit on sand under the Palapa. Luc has added tables at night on the beach and the whole place is beautiful.

PINCHOS: Had a great meal there. We ordered their chicken skewers as our main meal and it was "out of this world" good. Prices very reasonable. My only "complaint" if you will, is that they installed white wedding style tents over most of their restaurant. While I understand the reason they needed to do this, it looses a lot of the ambiance it had being fully open. Perhaps, they need to look at something more long term with more character that marries the overall image of the restaurant.

YEMANJA WOODFIRED GRILL: Excellent, excellent, excellent. We love this place and very reasonable pricing. We love their soups and fish. We have also had their lamb which is also very good. The service was wonderful and the staff are so friendly. You can't go wrong with this place.

WINDOWS: Very beautiful place with lots of food options. Soups are very filling so we generally would share that to start. We had a new waiter this trip who was pleasant but seemed to be absent a lot of the time. We found out later that he was sick and was "barely hanging in" that night. Another always good meal.

WACKY WAHOOS: First time for DH but second for me. We loved the fish and both heartily agreed that this is the best place for fish. We had the Wahoo and loved it. The place is small and crowded with no place to wait for your table. Not a restaurant to go for a quiet, intimate dinner. Can't wait to go back. Best to make reservations through your hotel concierge.

5 GUYS BURGERS: Went twice for lunch and loved it. We don't have this in Canada yet (actually I just heard they opened one in Kingston, Ontario) thought the place was very good. Very clean and delicious burgers. Too bad it is hidden a bit from the road, however, I am sure that people will find out about it quickly. Lots of staff and it was quick service.

Well, that's it for restaurants....
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    YUM RANDI,
    All sounded great ! thanks for posting

I can't wait to try Barefoot! Thanks for the report.

My favourite table at Barefoot (you can request it) is a table for 4 that is in the front overlooking the beach. It has its own little Palapa and sits in sand.

Enjoy!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Randi, I look forward to trying Anna Maria's when we are in Aruba November.
    Thanks again for your restaurant reviews...they are always right on.
    You and I are on the wave lenght on restaurants.....

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Randi, I look forward to trying Anna Maria's when we are in Aruba November.
    Until then (November), I'll have to be satisfied with my Chef Boyardee!

Thanks for the reviews, Randi. A few new places for CindyO and me to try.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

RobO, you are hilarious!!!

Enjoy the restaurants and give Barefoot a try too. CindyO, its very close to the Renaissance in the old Mirandi's location.

Like your list. I've been to Windows and really enjoyed it, so I've added a few of your suggestions for my next trip. We just got home last night and while we do stay at an AI, we always take time to go off resort a few times. This trip it was Carte Blanche, which I've done a separate post on, and Taste of Belgium. Taste of Belgium was a nice suprise. We sat at the bar with a glass of wine and had a few appetizers. I especially liked the shrimp pernod, which while listed as an appetizer, the portion was generous. Especially liked the sauce which I also used to dunk my fried grouper in. I would go back just for that appetizer. Croquettes were quite good as well, shrimp and cheese combo.