Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

restaurants where we should not bring kids?

I have been reading all the great restaurant reviews, and although there are many excellent choices, I would not want to spoil anyone's romantic dinner. Our kids are well behaved 7 and 10 year olds, but still...is there anywhere we should avoid - restaurants that are really just for couples? Thanks.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Your well behaved children will be welcomed in all the restaurants.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Sandy, while I loved yemanja and their menu, I would be hard pressed to tell you there is nothing there for them to eat. My kids, wouldn't have been happy there.

I agree with Liz. Well-behaved children should be welcome in restaurants, and this would be a good part of their growing up.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Aruba since 1979
    while i agree with liz i think a place like OMATS or the Screaming Eagle might not be appropriate.
    yes, i am sure they would be welcomed and i am just unsure at how long they would be able to "sit" and appreciate fine dining.

our son is now 23 and when he was young he was always very well behaved at restaurants. (the fear of god was in him)
    we never even thought of briinging him to nicer establishments ;-)
    but the "fine dining places on aruba", i would say no.

my niece uses the guideline with her kids.........."if the restaurant has a tablecloth, my kids will pass" hahahahahahaha

happy holidays

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    While I agree with eveyone on the children's behavior, I think eveyone needs to think about the menu offered...is there going to be food my kid would like???

We are finally past the chicken finger stage, yes, finally...cindy

bring ur kids to all restaurants, we do....ages 13, 11 AND 7.,...all are welcome, and kids menus are available if the reg menu is too sophisticated...its aruba, a family island, to leave them behind would be a total shame!!

happy with my last post, i was going to make another reply, but, obviously i've been here already....aruba is all about families, as are all the restaurants...go everywhere and enjoy!!

I am going to just throw this opinion out there...

We started coming to Aruba when my kids were 4,6,& 8 and we enjoyed the fact that the island was family friendly as were the restaurants. We always brought along things for them to do to keep them amused, as do many parents. We also were mindful of the time we ate out and yes, where we were going.

There are some restaurants in Aruba that I would say are best leaving the kids at home if they are young. Some restaurants are catered to "dinning" and as we all know younger children this can be a bit of a problem as they get bored...rightly so!

For example, we went to a restaurant that I would consider more Adult friendly. The parents were leisuely enjoying their coffees and the kids were getting bored. I would say they were about 8 and 10 years old. So the kids decided to watch the fish from the waters edge and swing along the railing of this area of the restaurant. Unfortunately, we were sitting right next to where they were doing this. It was annoying to us and the parents were somewhat oblivious.

As CindyO also said, even at our older chidren's ages (16,18,20) we choose not to take them to some places as there isn't the food type that they will eat!

So enjoy Aruba and almost all of the restaurants but please be mindful as not 100% are appropriate for kids.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Rekindling an old thread rather than starting a new one. We will be bringing for the first time our two daughters (13 & 8) to Aruba. They are well behaved and we will bring them to all our dinners. Just curious if restaurants like MJ, FF, Gasparito, etc. have kids menus or do they make a lighter portion for kids?

Thanks,

Marc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast