Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

restaurantsaruba.com

Does anyone know who owns or monitors this website? I really like this site as it is very easy to read up on each restaurant and it is easy to follow the restaurant reviews for each individual restaurant.

However, I have noticed that some reviews "disappear"... I have read the reviews and they were generally not giving good reviews but they are removed so as to make the place appear that their are no issues?? One place, in particular, had been given some very good reviews and some not so good reviews, and then all the bad ones disappeard???

What's up with that?? Anyone know.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Randi, I posted several reviews a while ago...some good, some bad..most disappeared also. It doesn't surprize me..:>(

Some reviews are removed when they can be determined to be posted from a competitor (spme restaurants can be a little sneaky and have friends post fake reviews for themselves or for other restaurants.)

They have also had server issues over the last month or so and some reviews were lost when the server went down.

If you'd like to email the webmaster/owner:
    melvin@worldwide-travelguide.com

I've known Melvin since meeting him in Aruba in 2000, we see each other in Aruba almost every year, and we've also visited him in Holland as well. Very nice and honest man, owns his own business and maintains and develops a variety of websites for Aruba, other countries, and businesses.

I post on his Aruba BB as well which is where all of my trip reports and photos are located (love that I can still see all of my trip reports and photos from every year going back to 2000.)

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/bulletinboard/

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    re: amy's post which i highlighted in red.

on way more than one occasion, in our Culinary and Culture section that happens here too.
    it is a tedious and involved process trying to figure out legit and illegit.
    the few restaurants that we have had illegitimate postings about were contacted, communications made and posts deleted.

we find that the same things happen at least on this site with
    restaurants
    wedding planners
    photographers
    apartments/condos for rent (not timeshares)

it makes for unnecessary work for the moderators and unnecessary reading for the community members.
    andrea

[COLOR="red"]

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~;167536[SIZE="3"
    ]Some reviews are removed when they can be determined to be posted from a competitor (spme restaurants can be a little sneaky and have friends post fake reviews for themselves or for other restaurants.)[/SIZE]

They have also had server issues over the last month or so and some reviews were lost when the server went down.

If you'd like to email the webmaster/owner:
    melvin@worldwide-travelguide.com

I've known Melvin since meeting him in Aruba in 2000, we see each other in Aruba almost every year, and we've also visited him in Holland as well. Very nice and honest man, owns his own business and maintains and develops a variety of websites for Aruba, other countries, and businesses.

I post on his Aruba BB as well which is where all of my trip reports and photos are located (love that I can still see all of my trip reports and photos from every year going back to 2000.)

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/bulletinboard/

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-03-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    re: amy's post which i highlighted in red.

on way more than one occasion, in our Culinary and Culture section that happens here too.
    it is a tedious and involved process trying to figure out legit and illegit.
    the few restaurants that we have had illegitimate postings about were contacted, communications made and posts deleted.
    That's the hard part (in red above.) And sometimes real reviews can get deleted in the process - which is not fair to the person who wrote it but...unfortunately, it does happen.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

My name is Melvin Trost, owner of the company WorldWide TravelGuide b.v., which runs the website RestaurantsAruba

We receive a lot of questions regarding disappearing of reviews.
    And yes, we moderate the reviews as honestly as possible. But we remove reviews (good or bad) when we notice 'strange things':

- proven lies: for example when we read: "we just returned from Aruba...." while the review is created on Aruba.
    - reviews of the same restaurant(s) by the same reviewers in a short time (with several different names, but same e-mail addresses)
    - restaurant competitors or one of our competitor's reviews
    - reviews made behind a proxy-server (anonymous surfing), and this was the case last few weeks but effected older reviews as well. Discovered the final IP address which was on Aruba and in The Netherlands (while some reviews stated, we are from NJ and USA).
    - and ofcourse: reviews which don't respect our Policy and Review Guidelinesand ofcourse: we look at more things... but we don't want to give fake reviewers tips
    It happened that we removed real reviews by accident (database crash, lost 3 days of reviews), or one time when a family wrote several reviews under different names, but with the same e-mail address. So we saw 6 reviews within 1 hour for the same restaurant, with the same e-mail address and IP, but with 6 different names. We kept 1, deleted the other 5.
    Was this good or not? At that time we thought those reviews were fake....

We are sorry when we remove reviews which are not fake, or accidentally.
    If you wrote a review, and this one is removed, please let me know so I can find your review and explain why it was removed (except spam reviews, we keep the deleted ones in guarantee) .

thanks!

Kind regards,

Melvin Trost

Our Policy
    RestaurantsAruba.com strives to summarize the honest opinions of the people who share their experiences with us. In turn, using this input, our guide is designed to provide travelers with trustworthy information, allowing them to make smart decisions while in Aruba.

RestaurantsAruba's policy mandates the completely honest and objective gathering and compiling of ratings and reviews. The use of deceptive or unfair practices in an attempt to manipulate these ratings and reviews is a clear violation of this policy and may result in the removal of a restaurant from RestaurantAruba's website.

Unacceptable practices include, but are not limited to, encouragement of reviewers to submit a review a certain way, offering incentives or rewards for reviewers to submit a review for a restaurant, and reviews by restaurant owners, employees or agents with respect to their own restaurant.

Review Guidelines
    We reserve the right to edit reviews or remove reviews that do not meet our guidelines. We publish all reviews, good or bad, except for the reasons below. In order to convince us to keep a review online, please do not threaten, challenge us, ie. "I know you won't pubish this review because it is a negative review etc. etc.." This is demeaning to us as well as to you. The integrity of our website demands we print the negative reviews as well as the positive.

• We will not post reviews which contains e-mail addresses, links & HTML.
    • We will not post reviews that are only a few words long.
    • We will not post submissions that are simply a complaint about a certain incident that occurred during your dining - supposed food poisoning, weather-related issues, etc.
    • We will not post accounts of incidents where legal action may be pending.
    • Submissions that are "letters of complaint" to tour operators, resorts, travel agents etc. will not be posted.
    • Reviews that mention employee names in a bad light (it is not fair to complain about an employee by name when they cannot defend themselves).
    • Reviews that are racist, sexist, use obscene language or attack other nationalities. Please refrain from making derogatory comments about other nationalities you meet while on vacation. Your review will be read by thousands of people from all over the world, and these comments can be very offensive!
    • Reviews that attack specific comments of other reviewers. (everyone is entitiled to their own opinion).
    • We have had reports of people telling resorts they will send a bad review to us if they don't get what they want. Please do not do this! Nobody likes to be threatened in this manner and you will not get the service or changes you want.
    • All submissions are reviewed, classified, and listed or not at our sole discretion. We offer no guarantee that any submission will be accepted, or will appear on any particular page or any particular position on any page in the RestaurantAruba.com website

Thanks for posting Melvin.

I have met Melvin and through a previous employer, worked with him as well.
    I can truly vouch that he is a honest, hardworking, knowledgable reputable businessman.

Aruba since 1979
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-12-2010 at 12:15 AM.