Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DiviDiviFan
  • 1 Post By Jayshea

Thread: Ricardo’s

Ricardo’s

We walked over for lunch today. I wanted to try their coconut scallops someone posted about awhile back. They weren’t on the menu so I decided to ask if they were available for lunch. The waitress checked and said yes they could do it which of course, made me happy. I was expecting a somewhat different dish though, based on what I read online but it really was good. What I got was a combination of scallops and shrimp in a coconut cream sauce. While the scallops were good the shrimp was fabulous. Surprisingly the price was just $13. Even wine was just $6 a glass which seemed like a bargain based on other places we have dined

Aruba since 1979
    oooooo i am salivating!!!
    sounds delicious.

$6 for a glass of wine in aruba is a bargain.

Peg, did you and tom rent a car for any time during this trip?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We walked over for lunch today. I wanted to try their coconut scallops someone posted about awhile back. They weren’t on the menu so I decided to ask if they were available for lunch. The waitress checked and said yes they could do it which of course, made me happy. I was expecting a somewhat different dish though, based on what I read online but it really was good. What I got was a combination of scallops and shrimp in a coconut cream sauce. While the scallops were good the shrimp was fabulous. Surprisingly the price was just $13. Even wine was just $6 a glass which seemed like a bargain based on other places we have dined

No car rental. I would like to but Tom just is not comfortable with the idea. It didn’t help the argument when we saw that bad accident by the Alhambra so taxis it is.

That sounds different from the coconut scallops I've had from their dinner menu which wer large scallops fried in something like a panko and coconut breading. They were excellent!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I would love those scallops and shrimp, sounds very yummy. Anything coconutty (is that a word?) bring it on

I am the one who mentioned the scallops and my scallops were how Kemperato described. I think you got scallops in the the shrimp dish which I also like. I have never tried ordering this at lunch but that price is awesome-I think it’s 28-30 dollars at night!

Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    That sounds different from the coconut scallops I've had from their dinner menu which wer large scallops fried in something like a panko and coconut breading. They were excellent!
    What you had sounds like what I thought I would get! No complaints though. They used small bay scallops that has been sautéed and topped with sauce. The shrimp were a nice size. Plus they were willing to accommodate with something not on the menu.