Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ricardo's Restuarant

Ricardo's Restuarant

Hello

Wondering if anyone has feedback on this restaurant. Pretty close to where we are staying. I checked out their menu for dinner, it looks very nice.

Thanks!
    8th trip to Aruba!

Aruba since 1979
    if you put Ricardos in the search menu (upper right)
    surf around to see some reviews

forum member Hatteras dined at ricardos during her most recent visit.

ricardos gets good reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by kam175 View Post
    Hello

Wondering if anyone has feedback on this restaurant. Pretty close to where we are staying. I checked out their menu for dinner, it looks very nice.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 06-10-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Ricardos is fantastic. We went there for the first time last Feb. The food and the service were excellent. It is on our short list for our next trip. We loved the setting, right on the beach.

Thanks! I will check out the reviews. :-)
    8th trip to Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Ricardos is fantastic. We went there for the first time last Feb. The food and the service were excellent. It is on our short list for our next trip. We loved the setting, right on the beach.
    Thank you for letting me know. I think I am going to put on my list to try.
    8th trip to Aruba!

Their dinner menu looks great. Their lunch menu is very reasonable as well. I may take a walk there and eat lunch or an early dinner one day next trip.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 06-10-2016 at 05:36 PM.

I dined there last year. Their menu is pretty similar to Matthews except for a few items. Like I've never seen coconut scallops on a menu before so I went there to try it and it was great. The waiter, host were very friendly and accommodating. The only minor issue I had is that this is one of those restaurants that charges the automatic 15% service charge which they say its not a tip. I left some additional cash so with the 15% charge and the cash I left I tipped around 22% and the waiter gave me a look. They also charge a health tax.

I do exactly as you do. If I dine someplace that automatically adds a 15% service charge I will add what I would have typically left had no charge been on the bill to start with. I typically tip between 20% and 30% depending on where/who has served me. If they add a service charge you can almost guarantee I won't go over the 20%. The service charge actually rubs me the wrong way, I always do the right thing regarding tipping I don't need anyones help, lol. I certainly don't need anyone saying we don't get the service charge, its one reason I don't frequent a certain place.... Just my thought on the tipping subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I dined there last year. Their menu is pretty similar to Matthews except for a few items. Like I've never seen coconut scallops on a menu before so I went there to try it and it was great. The waiter, host were very friendly and accommodating. The only minor issue I had is that this is one of those restaurants that charges the automatic 15% service charge which they say its not a tip. I left some additional cash so with the 15% charge and the cash I left I tipped around 22% and the waiter gave me a look. They also charge a health tax.

I agree 100%!

Ricardos is on our list each visit. In fact, during our last visit with kids, they asked to go there twice. Most times we didn't have reservations and the most we had to wait was 15 minutes. We simply sat at the bar and had a couple drinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast