Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ricardos Wins Best Sunset Restaurant

Andrea, my comment was not a criticism of you or your efforts on this site. I apologize for creating that impression.

I was just commenting that no one has mentioned Ricardo's as a restaurant they like, frequent or recommend. We all seem to focus on a select group of restaurants for the most part and Ricardo's just wasn't considered by any of us to mention.

You're doing a great job with this site and make it a pleasant and informative place to visit.

Aruba since 1979
    oh NO...you absolutely did NOT criticize.
    i was just saying why i so often forget
    so many restaurants , so much brain overload.

and andy...thank you for the kind words

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Andrea, my comment was not a criticism of you or your efforts on this site. I apologize for creating that impression.

I was just commenting that no one has mentioned Ricardo's as a restaurant they like, frequent or recommend. We all seem to focus on a select group of restaurants for the most part and Ricardo's just wasn't considered by any of us to mention.

You're doing a great job with this site and make it a pleasant and informative place to visit.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach

I wrote about how wonderful it was in my trip report back in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I wrote about how wonderful it was in my trip report back in Feb.
    Thanks, hatteras. I guess I didn't remember it.

When I think about favorite restaurants I read about here, the recurring names are: Madame Janette's, Quinta del Carmen, West Deck, Passions, to name a few. These names are repeated frequently.

I don't doubt Ricardo's is a great place to eat and enjoy the sunset but it doesn't get the "press" the others do.

Have not been there since it has been Ricardo's, but that location is where we had breakfast almost every day of our honeymoon so I remember it as being so beautiful and surreal - it feels just as romantic as Passions for us <3
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Thanks, hatteras. I guess I didn't remember it.

When I think about favorite restaurants I read about here, the recurring names are: Madame Janette's, Quinta del Carmen, West Deck, Passions, to name a few. These names are repeated frequently.

I don't doubt Ricardo's is a great place to eat and enjoy the sunset but it doesn't get the "press" the others do.

I think that you were in Aruba when I was writing my trip report. I'm sure that you had more exciting things to do than reading trip reports at the time. We had heard just a few mentions of Ricardo's but decided to check it out since it is so close to Costa Linda, where we stay. We liked it so much that I wished that we had time to make a second visit. But, as always, there were just too many restaurants to visit while we were there, and I didn't want to eliminate one of my other favorites. The next time you are there, I highly recommend checking it out. The only problem that we ran into was their online reservation system. I tried several times to make a reservation, using their online system, but never heard back from them. When we arrived, we stopped by and talked to the owner. He didn't have the reservation. He said that he is paying someone to manage the reservations, but they aren't "managing" it. He still had openings for the night that we wanted, so he wrote our names in his reservation book. Other than that small issue, everything was great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12