Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Liz - Aruba Lover

Thread: Richardo's or Mathews?

Richardo's or Mathews?

We are staying at the Surf Club. I was checking out these restaurants for breakfast and dinner. What are your thoughts? I don't know much about them other than they were recommended to me. Better food, price, view?
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

Aruba since 1979
    similar view

i have yet to eat at Ricardos as it was not "Ricardos" when we were there last.
    we have not been to matthews in a couple of years.

i would give one a try for breakfast and the other dinner?!

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I had breakfast at Ricardo's last October. I'm fussy how I want my eggs made. They cooked them perfectly. I go to Matthew's often for breakfast. Their breakfasts are very good. The ambience is nicer at Matthew's. Another nice place for breakfast is Waters Edge at Costa Linda. They have a daily $5.00 breakfast special. I haven't been to Ricardo's for dinner but have many times at Waters Edge and Matthew's. Both are good. Close to the Surf Club I like Salt & Pepper for breakfast.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We have been eating breakfast at Matthews since it was the Sea Gull. Very good reasonably priced breakfasts. Excellent dinner as well. Right on the beach too. We have not been to Ricardos so don't know.