Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Romantic dining on the beach in Palm Beach?

My husband and I got married on the beach at the Marriott in Palm Beach 2 years ago. We will be in Aruba again over our 2 year anniversary in a couple of weeks and we would like to do a romantic beach dinner. We were planning on doing Simply Fish at the Marriott, but just found out they are closed for a private function that night. Does anyone have any reviews from other romantic beach dining? I know some of the other hotels have them too but I would love to get some feedback before we decide. Thanks so much!!!

On Palm beach the Hyatt & Radisson offer private dinners and Azull at the Westin offers a restaurant on the beach. There are a number of other restaurants on the beach besides those on Palm beach such as Old Man & the Sea, Flying Fishbone and Passions at the Amsterdam Manor.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-21-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Thank you!...I will check out those threads! During my searching, I did come across Azull at the Westin and Footprints Beach Grill at the Hyatt that sound nice. I will check out those threads to see if there are any reviews on those two. Thanks again!

Aruba since 1979
    although the hyatt "ruinas del mar" is on a patio kind of set up, this place is very romantic.........black swans and all.

also too, passions is an option passions on beach at amsterdam manor.

check out the hyatt.

from hyatt's web site
    Ruinas del Mar

Sumptuous cuisine and the dramatic setting of our signature restaurant transport you to a secluded haven, creating one of the most unforgettable scenes in all of Aruba. A welcoming outdoor patio is bordered by a rustic wall built from indigenous Calichi limestone – resembling a historic stone fort - lending an air of authenticity to our name, Ruinas del Mar (Spanish for “Ruins by the Sea.”) Black swans and Koi swim peacefully around the surrounding lagoon, while landscaped gardens, bubbling fountains and a cascading waterfall form a peaceful oasis. Inside, the warm, elegant space offers lovely views of grounds from the walls of windows all around. The culinary artistry of Chef Victor completes this amazing dining experience, with imaginative twists to traditional, Spanish-influenced dishes. Savor the island flavors in each meal, whether you are joining the family for an energizing breakfast to start your day or celebrating a special dinner among the torchlit gardens. Our lavish Sunday brunch offers an opulent selection, with choices including breakfast classics, carving stations, freshly baked desserts and unlimited champagne and mimosas.

Hours:
    Breakfast: Monday through Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon
    Dinner: Monday through Saturday 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
    Champagne Brunch: Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Dress: Resort Attire

Aruba since 1979
    another option that is much more casual.......

bottle of nice wine, french bread, brie, fruit, beach palapa for sunset.
    very romantic
    very easy
    very relaxed and casual and at your own pace.

then when you are hungry later grab a pizza or something easy to go.

many options.........nice beach restaurants, dockside restaurants, garden or patio restaurants........or going the road less traveled on the beach with a bottle and snack.

Thanks Andrea! Passions seems very popular according to the threads I've been reading, but we are staying at the Marriott Surf Club so we were thinking a little closer so we could just walk down the beach. Ruinas del Mar sounds very nice. Have you heard anything about Azull at the Westin? We are bummed about Simply Fish since that was our original plan.

Aruba since 1979
    azul at the westin is wonderful too.

Ruinas del Mar is beautiful but my recomendation is to make an earlier reservation so you can get the outside table. Outside is romantic, inside is not!! You can not reserve the outside table, so go for say 7pm and check in. If outside table not available, they will give you a pager and go upstairs and have a drink by the pool bar. It is worth the wait to sit outside. It is really lovely.

Having said all of that, my son and his gf went there this December and they changed their menu. Was a bit "funky" and they didn't care for it. For example, they had steak with coca/chocolate on it??? The waiter said they had many comments from the public about there new menu so I would contact them to look at their new menu to see what it has on it. Perhaps they have altered it.

From the SC you are more limited to romantic beach dinners within walking distance. Haven't been to Azull but we have been to Simply Fishy (as we own at the SC too). Simply Fish is good but there are lots of good, if not better places to go if you are willing to take a taxi. I would say that Barefoot is lovely and you can get a table on the beach or you can get a table in your own corner overlooking the beach. This place is just past downtown and fantastic and new.

Mirandi's is also lovely but farther (Barefoot chef is old Mirandi's chef). It is past the airport and a$25 taxi ride each way.

Flying Fishbone and Old Man and the Sea is very, very far and you can read up on those but there are very mixed reviews on those for a variety of reasons.

Good luck!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks so much! You all have been very helpful! :-)

Aruba since 1979
    ok , dinner is solved
    now what else can we do to help? ;-)