Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    [quote=aruba2613;117905]Thanks for the suggestions! Where would you say has fantastic food? The post above said the food is overrated at flying fishbone, maybe we should try the new place old man and the sea? Thanks again![/quote

FFB has lost so much of what made it special by packing the sand full of tables. The food has always been OK, but never in that "special" category IMHO. We always thought we were paying more for the "locale" than the food and that the experience was lessened with the additional tables. Try the "Old Man" and enjoy the surroundings; anything above average food is a bonus.
    Last edited by jdoll; 08-17-2008 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typo
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

We used to be a huge fan of Flying Fishbone until the last few years when they started putting too many tables in the sand and it seems too crowded now. It's just not the romantic atmosphere that it once was about 10 years ago when you have too many tables so close together.

We will be trying the Old Man and The Sea next month. It reminds us of what FFB used to be.

Our other favorite is Passions on the beach at Amsterdam Manor (photo in my signature below was taken at Passions.)
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

suggestions for what to order at the ff and mj?

Quote Originally Posted by aruba2613 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! Where would you say has fantastic food?
    As far as I know, since Old Man & the Sea is so new, there is only one member of the forum who has yet dined there.

With that said, below is our review and some photos from our dinner at Passions in June. In our opinion, their prices were very reasonable for beach dining in Aruba. The other bonus for us, was that we did not rent a car and the taxi fare was much less expensive than it would have been to the FFB or OMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    serene, there were some positive comments in the thread at Dinner on the Beach

FWIW, from my almost completed trip report:
    "Friday night for our annivesary, a friend as well as my parents, had recommended Passions on the beach at the Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort.

When we arrived we were immediately greeted by Diana the hostess/maître d' and everything from the food to the service, it was nothing less than perfect and a wonderful evening. Our table was closest to the water with torches and a lantern on the table. I can imagine how nice it would be at sunset, however since we can view that from the comfort of our pation, and like to eat later, dining under the stars with the Aruban tradewinds are just delightful in my book!

Dd had Caesar Salad with shrimp and a seafood sampler platter with Caribbean lobster tail, shrimp, grouper and mahi mahi. I had a filet mignon and dh had grilled grouper and shrimp with a creamy spicy sauce. For an appetizer he had goat cheese with prosciutto, arugula and honey dressing, I had a crab salad. Everything was delicious! If anyone has that recipe for the crab salad you just pass it on to me

Dessert was amazing ...a sampler with full size portions of cheese cake, tiramisu, raspberry mousse, key lime pie and chocolate cake. We practically rolled back to the Tamarijn."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    http://www.passions-restaurant-aruba.com/menu.php
    Black Angus USDA choice Filet Mignon
    from the Grill with Garlic Butter $28.95

Grilled Strip Loin Steak
    with a Spread of Roasted Bell Peppers and Pepper Sauce $25.95
    All main courses are served with a side salad, baked potato or rice

Click on thumbnails to enlarge

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    If it was me, if you don't mind driving to Saventa (either by car or taxi) I would go to the new restaurant The Old Man and the Sea. It looks very romantic. Sherry from another board is dining there tonight. I will report on her review.

Old Man and The Sea – Dinner Menu
    Old Man and The Sea – Dessert Menu

I've got to try this new restaurant -Old Man and the Sea. Liz - our personal expert on restaurants - tell us what you know about this place. Open for lunch AND dinner? Any days they are closed?

http://theoldmanandthesearestaurant.com

Check it out has all the info you need

We are going to Aruba in September for our anniversary and have reservations at Passions. We have not eaten there in our prior trips. Most of the reviews I have read online have been positive.

Talking

Does anyone know the name of the Restaurant that is just up from the Aruba Beach Club that has tables on the beach. You walk down a wooden walkway to your table. There are TiKi torches light around the tables. We were curious about this place for a sunset dinner. If anyone knows the name of this place please tell. It will be greatly appreciated.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    pASSIONS I THINK

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast