Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question "Royal Romance" menu @ LG Smith's

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary in Aruba in May, staying at the Renaissance. I thought that a couple's massage at their spa might be very nice. The Renaissance offers a "Royal Romance" package of a couple's massage and dinner at LG Smith's. I got the spa manager to respond to 1 email that dinner is a "set menu" but I can't get a response on what IS the set menu (it's not good to surprise your honey with food he doesn't like! ). Has anyone done this package before and know how it works? Thanks!

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    email john grigg at the renaissance at jgrigg@arubarenaissance.com ..he might be able to help you..he is the renaissance's food and beverage manager..he is a great guy that goes out of his way to make your stay a pleasant one and if he can help you he certainly will..
    scott and tricia

Talking Heere's the answer

I knew I'd get help here! Thank you! Here is the set menu that goes with the "Royal Romance" package if anyone else wondered: Kir Royal cocktail per person, choice of green or spinach salad for each, choice of either yellowtail tuna or petite filet as entree, mixed fruit with sabayon cream dessert for each. We are small eaters, so it is perfect for us. And, 2 50 minute massages plus dinner would be more than the $250 charge, so I will book. Many many thanks for the "insider" tip, sagman17!

I am looking for what the dress code is for this place.

Planning to be downtown most of the day and was wondering if we could just stop in for dinner before heading back to the hotel.

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    ur welcome cavdeb..u could probably get away with a pair of dockers shorts and a polo top if you ate early but i would probably say you should go with dockers pants and polo top..just bring a pair of pants in a tote bag and change at the ren before dinner..go into the spa and they have a mens and ladies shower room and you could change in there..
    scott and tricia

Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    When we went there last year, they required long pants for men and they must wear closed toe shoes - no flip flops open toe sandals.

That is assuming I bring a pair of pants to Aruba, which I haven't in the last 5 years. TONS of extremely romantic dining options on the beach and elsewhere that do not require pants.....docker shorts and polo shirt are plenty dressy for Aruba, IMHO.

I do not bring pants to Aruba, and I ate at LGs last year with no problem. Dress shorts, and a nice shirt with shoes(not sneakers or flip flops) Ate at Le Dome on the porch section. Lgs was great by the way

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Red face Fine Dining in Aruba

HI,

We have eaten at LG Smiths on numerous occasions and we do dress up. This is a fine dining experience! Let's keep it that way. We don't want to be seated next to someone in shorts and flip flops when we are having a romantic dinner. There are plenty of casual places if classy dining is not on your agenda. After all Aruba is one Happy Island that offers all sorts of restaurant options.

Quote Originally Posted by wnysnow View Post
    HI,

We have eaten at LG Smiths on numerous occasions and we do dress up. This is a fine dining experience! Let's keep it that way. We don't want to be seated next to someone in shorts and flip flops when we are having a romantic dinner. There are plenty of casual places if classy dining is not on your agenda. After all Aruba is one Happy Island that offers all sorts of restaurant options.

I have seen numerous photos of the place and it does look nice and romantic. I felt shorts were out of place so I sent an email- here is the reply. I do have to agree that shorts may not be the right thing to wear.

Dear Mrs Serene,

Thank you for your interest in our fabulous L.G Smith's Steak & Chop House.

It's never to early to make your reservation,please send me the time and I will book this right away for you.
    Our dress code is casual and shorts are acceptable.

We look forward to your visit with us.

Warm Regards

Rosenda Lopez

LG Smith Supervisor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast