Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Aruba since 1979

rumbas is closed

rumbas has shut its doors forever.

my information was received from a friend on island.
    i have not found the notification in the amigoe.....might be in the papiamento edition though!

Nooooooooooo...............

I think alot of the downtown restaurants are having a tough time of it now with all of the new stuff at the high rise hotel area. It's sad.

We loved Rumba! Food always good, service always good, and beer always COLD! It was our favorite place for lunch downtown and an occasional dinner.

I'm afraid to tell my husband. Shoot, he still hasn't gotten over the closing of Boonoonoonoos downtown and that was AGES ago!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    from the AMIGOE guide which i cannot get into.
    see the red one liner
    rumbas closed
    :-(
    Lees verder
    Premier Mike Eman heropent Emmastraat
    Hotels klaar voor gestrande reizigers
    Regering stelt FCCA ultimatum (Abonnee Artikel)
    Restaurant Rumba dicht (Abonnee Artikel)

That is the sad reality of all the new business at the 2 new "malls" up by the high rise area...no body going down town.
    It is or should I say was one of my favorite things to do...take a day and go to town and see what new tourist junk I could find.....but now it is only Hilfiger, and the uppity stuff that I don't need or want to buy....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    ya no kidding we loved boonoonoos too and loved tabasco equally as well.

we really will miss rumbas as well as booonoooonoooooooos and tabasco and rio and eleanoras crazy grill.

yes indeed the downtown is having tough times.
    sad, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Nooooooooooo...............

I think alot of the downtown restaurants are having a tough time of it now with all of the new stuff at the high rise hotel area. It's sad.

We loved Rumba! Food always good, service always good, and beer always COLD! It was our favorite place for lunch downtown and an occasional dinner.

I'm afraid to tell my husband. Shoot, he still hasn't gotten over the closing of Boonoonoonoos downtown and that was AGES ago!

Aruba since 1979
    exactly right michele
    how many of us actually make purchases in those high end stores?

i think palm beach area has reached its saturation point.
    too much stuff (shopping and restaurants)
    things vacant downtown......unfortunate indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    That is the sad reality of all the new business at the 2 new "malls" up by the high rise area...no body going down town.
    It is or should I say was one of my favorite things to do...take a day and go to town and see what new tourist junk I could find.....but now it is only Hilfiger, and the uppity stuff that I don't need or want to buy....

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I was at the downtown Casa Tua 4 weeks ago. I did notice that only 1 table was occupied at Rumba's while Casa Tua was almost filled.

from the amigoe
    Rumba Bar & Grill restaurant is closed. The small grill restaurant in the past week has Havenstraat her charcoal grill extinguished and the doors closed. Rumba would be in December this year its ninth anniversary celebration. Owner and cook Martijn Arend Schuring (36) was unavailable for comment.

Premier Mike Eman reopens Emmastraat
    In the presence of Prime Minister Mike Eman (AVP) and the Minister for Infrastructure, Environment & Integration Benny Sevinger (ASF) yesterday Emmastraat, near Plaza Daniel Leo, reopens. The renovation is the first part of the extensive urban renewal "Our Aruba" which included the city is addressed.

So they are trying! I have to go down there and see what they have done.

We were there just the other day. I have Doreen's phone number (waitress) we will give her a call to find out what happened! so sad, its our favorite place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast