Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ruth's Criss

We dined at Ruth's Criss Steakhouse last night in Aruba. We called earlier in the day and got reservations without any problem. When we arrived (6:45pm), it was nearly empty. However, the restaurant started to fill up after 7:30pm. The serving staff was extremely polite and professional. Our waiter was very nice and extremely attentive (my water glass was never empty - he probably refilled it at least 5 times). I ordered the petit filet and my husband ordered the filet. We both ordered our steaks medium to medium well and we both got steaks that were still very red (almost rare). At first we were going to send them back, but the plates were so hot (500 degrees) that we just cut it up and let the plate cook it a little more. This actually worked, so we never asked to have our steaks sent back. The steaks were very tender and tasted good, but not the best we've ever had. Considering the price, we expected to have one of the best steaks ever. We also ordered the sweet potato casserole and asparagus. The sweet potato casserole was OUT OF THIS WORLD! We ate every last morsel - it was the best we've ever tasted. It tasted more like dessert than a potato side dish. The asparagus was tasty as well. Overall, we had a wonderful dinner, but it was a bit pricey.

My wife and I ate at Ruth's Chris last Friday night. I had the Filet, order it medium, it was done just right, and the melt in your mouth buttery taste was excellent. This reminded me why I love USDA grade A beef over the Argentine beef that we had at MJ's last Monday. I had the Julienne fries and they were some of the best fries that I have ever had!
    My wife is not a big fan of Ruth's Chris due to the cost so she tends to have multiple appetizers and side dishes. She had the Lobster Bisque, the shrimp cocktail, The broccoli, and the sweet potato casserole. The bisque was very good but not fabulous, the shrimp were excellent, the sweet potato s were very good, and the broccoli was average.
    The service was excellent, the General Manager, Eduard, stopped by to make sure that everything was OK. All in all a excellent dinner and on par with our expectations for Ruth's Chris and we actually got away a little cheaper than expected as we were too full for desert.
    One thing I will say is that so far we have dined at Madame Janette's, Ruth's Chris, and last night the Aqua Grill. The service was excellent at all three restaurants and while the ambiance is different at each, this were each excellent in their own way. This is the type of experience we would only expect at high end restaurants in the US and one of the reasons that we enjoy our time so much on the island!
    Have Fun, Pete

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experience!

Has anyone taken advantage of this deal at Ruth Chris????

http://216.34.190.20/email/200806_su...ion/index.html

Here is the answer I received today before going to dinner tonight there. I must say it is the only quality dinner restaurant on the island that I have gone two twice in one trip! This was two of the best meals that I have had on the island. L G. Smith's Steak and Chop came in second earning the best value. Sunset Grill moved from 1st to 3rd this trip in the Filet department.

Mr. Peter,

Thank you for your e-mail!

The Summer Celebration for two special will be available at Ruth's Chris Steak House Aruba from June 15 - September 1, 2008.

Kind regards,

Eduard Renaud
    General Manager Ruth's Chris Steak House Aruba
    Have Fun, Pete

I received this response on Friday 06/06 before going back to the only major restaurant we have been to twice during a single trip to the island that night. It was even better the second time than the first time. But, as you can see from below, we will have to go to the one in Boston to take advantage from the special.

Mr. pkornnh,

Thank you for your e-mail!

The Summer Celebration for two special will be available at Ruth's Chris Steak House Aruba from June 15 - September 1, 2008.

Kind regards,

Eduard Renaud
    General Manager Ruth's Chris Steak House Aruba
    Have Fun, Pete

It doesn't say how to redeem it, or if it's only weekdays.....hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Megan8607 View Post
    It doesn't say how to redeem it, or if it's only weekdays.....hmm...
    This article does not mention any restrictions whatsoever.

Oh my good!!!

We are going to aruba September 5th. .... one week after "Summer Celebration" ends!!!!!!!!!!!!...

:-( ....

How much money we spend for a dinner (My wife and me) without drink wine?? average....

We will stay at marriot (just two nights) and we think Ruth´s Chris is our best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonpm View Post
    How much money we spend for a dinner (My wife and me) without drink wine?? average....
    Here is a link to their menu including pricing
    http://www.marriott.com/hotelwebsites/us/a/auaar/auaar_pdf/AUAAR%20Menu%20Aruba%202.pdf

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast