Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo78 View Post

Thanks all for the support! Also, Randi, I apologize for hijacking your thread!

PLEASE HIJACK AWAY... this is why I did this thread! I started this for discussion purposes and sharing of information. It is important for people to relay their experiences so it is not looked at as "one person's problem". I am just horrified by your experience and am awaiting the response (if you get one) from the restaurant. I am still waiting for mine.

People don't realize how many people look at this site. I just don't understand the stupidity of this restaurant in not responding?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Flamingo78..you should highjack this entire written forum to them....pls let them know we are all watching.

I have a follow-up to my recent issue at The Old Man and the Sea. I emailed back and forth with the owner (Jonathan) over the past 11 days. I began to get very frustrated because while he seemed sincere in his concern over emails, he would not call when he said that he would. I finally caught up with him today after more emails and he did actually call me (which unfortunately I missed the first time), emailed to let me know, and called again. The second call I was able to connect. We had a lengthy conversation and I was impressed with his consideration and desire to make things right. He listened intently to my story, apologized over and over and asked appropriate questions. We had a good conversation about what happened and what we suspected the cause might have been. He has promised to reimburse our dinner from that night, as “the first step of many” to gain back the restaurant's credibility and to attempt to regain us as customers again. He kindly invited us to have dinner on our next visit where he would personally host us. (I doubt my husband would ever go back though!) I feel satisfied with the start of his efforts, and I am hopeful that TOMATS does not have another incident like ours, as I would not wish that upon anyone. I will keep you all posted, and thank everyone for their support. If others visit TOMATS, please come back and let us know how your experience was. Thanks!

I am very glad to hear of your positive phone call. However, I can not help but feel a little jaded on two accounts...

1) I am still waiting for my return email from Dec. 22nd

2) there was another person who had a bad experience at OMATS and Jonathan was extremely apologetic, explained reasons for the bad service, promised to make it better and nothing became of it. This was a story that was related to me by a VERY reputable and reliable person who visited OMATS in the Fall.

I truly hope that Jonathan is sincere in his words and will try and make some very quick and positive changes to this gorgeous place. Hopefully, he will understand that as I would tell my kids growing up its takes one minute to ruin your reputation but it can takes one year to fix it!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    2) there was another person who had a bad experience at OMATS and Jonathan was extremely apologetic, explained reasons for the bad service, promised to make it better and nothing became of it. This was a story that was related to me by a VERY reputable and reliable person who visited OMATS in the Fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Going back to 07-07-2009, in our case
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f12/old-man-sea-review-39791/#post144448,
    the owner responded with an apology and detailed the steps and actions he was taking in order to make his restaurant the best that it possibly could be.

Now, if that has not happened...that is a totally different story.
    I took the man at his word, but have things improved?

Something is up??

Just went to www.restaurantsaruba.com to see the latest restaurant reviews. The two "new reviews" were OMATS dated OCTOBER 2008!!! I looked more carefully and ALLLLLL of the reviews after that date have disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this an error or what?

on further reflection...the entire website seems to have lost all the reviews past 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Just went to www.restaurantsaruba.com to see the latest restaurant reviews. The two "new reviews" were OMATS dated OCTOBER 2008!!! I looked more carefully and ALLLLLL of the reviews after that date have disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this an error or what?

on further reflection...the entire website seems to have lost all the reviews past 2008!
    Just a server problem. They're running their back-up right now and all should be back to normal in about an hour.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    Recent postings on restaurantsaruba.com
    i am locking this thread.
    there is not much more to be said

i deleted those reviews that were posted in this space and put the direct link to those reviews.

http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/view...ml?REST_ID=202

there is nothing much else to say about this particular restaurant.

lisa and i discussed this at some length and are both in agreement.

andrea james
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-22-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Old man and the sea

While I was sitting on the beach today I was approached by a man who was a waiter at OMATS. He had a huge stack of flyers and he was trying to "sell" the restaurant to people.

I have never seen this before as OMATS had really never had to advertise as the word of mouth was its greatest asset. Hmm, I guess the word of mouth is still working but in the reverse!!

Wow, hey randi hope your having a great time....just booked marriott surf for next year...Jan 29th again..

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast