Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Salt and Pepper's

What kind of food does Salt and Pepper's have? Would it be a good place just to have a drink and maybe lunch? It is right across from the Occidental, and we have never tried it. Could you go in there with a swim suit cover up? Well it looks kinda like a dress and it is not "see through".
    Thank you for your help.
    Pat

You can see their menu on their website:
    http://www.saltandpepperaruba.com/

They have a combo of tapas, sandwiches, salads, and entrees - a little bit of everything.

It's a casual place (especially at lunch) and as long as you have a coverup on for lunch during the day, you'll be fine.

We've been going there for years. Always good food, prices, drinks, and waitstaff.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We enjoyed sampling tapas and ice cold beer after snorkeling one lunchtime. Dh and I sat at a table outside, people watching, and as Amy said, cover ups were fine. Our bathing suits were dry.

Definitely worth a try!

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Salt & Pepper is a great place for a casual lunch and a few drinks. We've always had great food there.

We were there last week.It was real nice trying the different tapas.Food was very good.It was another nice aruba experience.Enjoy

Thanks everyone. Sounds like a place to go for lunch taking a break from the beach/pool. We will only have to walk across the street, and you guys have sold me. Oh and thanks Amy for the menu--and again I say I LOVE THIS FORUM you guys are the BEST.
    Thanks again!!
    Pat

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We were there for dinner two nights ago. The service was incredibly slow. People around me were complaining about how long it was taking to get food. It probably took 40 or more minutes to get our order. Also, our server disappeared after she took our order, so we never got drink refills or water. The food was good when we finally got it. I read in the local paper that they had a new chef who had just started the day before. That probably explains that slow service. She's probably going through an adjustment period.
    Last edited by hatteras; 02-24-2011 at 10:46 PM.

We could never decide on which Tapas cause there are so many wonderful ones. we'd end up over ordering!! But they are true tapas...small, so we manage to gobble them all up.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
    We could never decide on which Tapas cause there are so many wonderful ones. we'd end up over ordering!! But they are true tapas...small, so we manage to gobble them all up.

Salt and Pepper's is one of my favorite restaurants as well. The food is wonderful and the staff very friendly.

Btw: I saw it's your birthday today.

Happy Birthday, Elisabeth_nj!

Baby Beach, the Lighthouse, downtown Oranjestad, the beach at Aruba Beach Club, golf at Divi Liniks.
    We love Salt & Pepper and always go there for tapas and the sangria wine the first night on the island. So, since tomorrow will be our first night, that's where we'll be! Can't wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast