Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Seafood and steaks

We decided to go to Barneys tonight. I hate to give a bad review but the service was not good. We were seated by a woman and offered a drink menu but no one ever came back to get our drink order. We finally had a male server come to our table and fill our water glasses and he was ready to take our food order. We didn't want to waste anymore time so we skipped drinks and just went ahead and ordered. It was all you could eat steak night so hubby was in heaven. The food was good but the steak had to go back once due to being undercooked. The waiter never offered us more water or any other kind of drink so we had to flag him down. He seemed uninterested in making our experience a good one. After we were finished with our meals we had to once again flag him down for our bill. It was just annoying to constantly be looking for him and motioning for him to come to our table. The food was good but like I said the service was meh! Tomorrow is our last day and we are going to go to Daniel's. Hope it goes better then tonight. It could have just been an off night for the guy at Barney's, I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but one never knows unless you opt to try it again. Maybe sometime in the future we will give it another try. Thanks everybody for your suggestions, I plan on writing all of them down for future visits.

Aruba since 1979
    that is unfortunate.
    i am sorry to hear

a couple of years ago we had great issue with our waitress and her incompetence at barneys.
    the owner tried to make it right, but at that point we had been in there for 90 minutes and had to meet friends in 30 minutes.
    the owners are terrific people and listen to concerns.
    i was sorry that we could not stay to let the owner make good on his word.
    (it was all the result of an incompetent waitress)

we have been back to barneys a few times since and it was fine.

again, sorry that your service was lousy

Quote Originally Posted by Bixa2805 View Post
    We decided to go to Barneys tonight. I hate to give a bad review but the service was not good. We were seated by a woman and offered a drink menu but no one ever came back to get our drink order. We finally had a male server come to our table and fill our water glasses and he was ready to take our food order. We didn't want to waste anymore time so we skipped drinks and just went ahead and ordered. It was all you could eat steak night so hubby was in heaven. The food was good but the steak had to go back once due to being undercooked. The waiter never offered us more water or any other kind of drink so we had to flag him down. He seemed uninterested in making our experience a good one. After we were finished with our meals we had to once again flag him down for our bill. It was just annoying to constantly be looking for him and motioning for him to come to our table. The food was good but like I said the service was meh! Tomorrow is our last day and we are going to go to Daniel's. Hope it goes better then tonight. It could have just been an off night for the guy at Barney's, I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt but one never knows unless you opt to try it again. Maybe sometime in the future we will give it another try. Thanks everybody for your suggestions, I plan on writing all of them down for future visits.

Although we really enjoy Barneys and recommend them often, we have had spotty service there. One of the best ways to get guaranteed good service is to eat at the bar. Ron is usually behind the bar and he provides great service.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12