Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, we passed the road about 4 times before we finally got there, but it was a lot of fun getting lost for a while!

Matt,

The Urataka Center is on the way to Arikok. I've been there a couple of times and put a picture of it up on my blog. It's a local joint as you say, but with visitors as well.

Great to see people heading out into the countryside.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mattnewhampshire View Post
    $14.00 USD got us one big bowl of french fries, 3 Balashi, 1 Bottled water and 2 big fat cheeseburgers. What a bargain!
    Geez, Around the hotels $14 would get you the 3 beers and nothing else..actually I don't even know if that would cover it.
    We always try to go out into the local communities and try local restaurants/bars. Have never had a bad meal or bad company.
    Everyone goes out of their way to be nice and try to make you comfortable....going in November, will drag my husband out there for lunch..he'll go if I tell him how cheap it is !!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Yeah, I was shocked at the price. First day we got in we ordered 2 mixed drinks, 2 beers, adn 2 sandwiches before we went to the grocery store and it was about $50 so the $14 was a nice suprise.

Here's a picture of my well-fed self there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Searching for the "local" flavor...-matt-urataka.jpg  

Danadog,

If you like Urataka, let's go to Casa Vieja. A bandeja paisa platter is less than $10 and that's a lot of food.

See you in November.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

urataka center directions

Would anyone be willing to give some directions to urataka center?

Quote Originally Posted by SanNic44 View Post
    Danadog,

If you like Urataka, let's go to Casa Vieja. A bandeja paisa platter is less than $10 and that's a lot of food.

See you in November.

San Nic,
    That is a great idea. I will be staying at Divi Village from the 9th until the 23rd. Don't know what room I will be in the first week since I move that week to butt up against the second week.
    We can keep in touch over the forum or I can give you my info and you can call the hotel anytime while we're there and we can meet for lunch and a few Brites !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Favorite OFF THE BEATEN PATH-Non Touristy Restaurants

Looking for good food, not fancy, for fair prices. Here are a few of my favorites:

Kings Ribs-great grilled fish, chicken, and ribs. You can get 2 large meals for $25
    Is this still around? I heard it may have closed down.

Pam Pam-This is in Noord and most meals are $10 US. My husband always chooses grilled fish and I get the chicken satay...every time. Chicken nuggets for the kids with fries for about $5 and they even made my then 4 year old with an adult appetite a kids meal with the grilled halibut (about the same size as the adult portion) for $5 Great open air Palapa style place.

Peanuts-Downtown Oranjestad. Great chicken satay (I could eat this every night forever) with fries, fish salad and sandwiches and more. Very reasonable (well under $10 per person for most things)

Please add your favorites and if you have directions, even better

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast