Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Senses at Bucuti and Tara - January 2018

Aruba since 1979

per their website

https://sensesaruba.restaurant/aruba...ng_menu_aruba/

We strongly recommend you take advantage of wine pairings to complement each course of your dining experience. We have taken the time to carefully source wines from artisan wine-makers around the globe who share our passion for excellence while respecting the land.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    At this point and time (at least on opening night) everyone had to do the wine pairing - there were no options for other alcohol or just one glass of wine, etc. I am sure this will eventually change though. But if someone doesn't drink, I would think you could "opt out" as long as you let them know in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Question; does everyone at the table have to do the wine pairing or can just one person order it? I would like a wine pairing but Tom doesn’t drink.
    You can do it solo. The guy beside me drank martinis while his wife did the pairing last night.

We were given no options on opening night so just went for it. I would have done better with just a glass or two because I was constantly falling behind on the pairings. I think I was just talking too much though. LOL
    ~Amy~ - Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept./Oct. 2018 --
    Italy: Nov./Dec. 2018 -- 37th trip to Aruba: New Year's Eve 2018/2019

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    You can do it solo. The guy beside me drank martinis while his wife did the pairing last night.
    Good to know! There are places that require everyone at the table order the pairing which I find annoying m

Nice to hear great things about the new place. Are the wine pairings all you can drink? I am going to guess nope so that would be rather expensive to me but I am not a wine drinker at all.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-09-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Nice to hear great things about the new place. Are the wine pairings all you can drink? I am going to guess nope so that would be rather expensive to me but I am not a wine drinker at all.
    No. One glass per course but a generous pour. There were some pretty great wines.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Good to know! There are places that require everyone at the table order the pairing which I find annoying m
    Yeah. It especially ticks me off in places where you can't do the chef's tasting menu without the whole table doing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12