Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Senses restaurant - opens January 4

Senses restaurant - opens January 4

They open on January 4th in the former location of Carte Blanche at the Bucuti. We made reservations for Jan. 4 - looking forward to opening night!

http://sensesaruba.restaurant/
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

How can we get a reservation

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    They open on January 4th in the former location of Carte Blanche at the Bucuti. We made reservations for Jan. 4 - looking forward to opening night!

http://sensesaruba.restaurant/
    We are returning to aruba--our 22 year and would love to try this restaurant. How can we get a reservation? We will be on the island on January 4 and available for a reservation on the 4th or Sunday the 7th if open on a Sunday.

I would send them a facebook message as it looks like their website is not working currently.

I think their closed days are Saturdays and Sundays.

I would send them a message via their Facebook page.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    Are booking fees being used now for these "specialty restaurants" such as 2 fools, carte blanche etc?
    I see that Senses has a booking fee (per the link that Walt provided.

Fine Dining Experience

Because of the exclusive nature of dining at SENSES, you will be required to pay a booking fee of $40 per person to hold your space during a seating with a maximum of 16 guests (Important notice: The booking fee will take effect once our online payment system is available on our website. Until then, all reservations are accepted without charging the booking fee). The price we charge for our 5-8 course dinner experience at SENSES is $100 per person, and the $40 booking fee will be deducted from that price on the final bill. Please note that you can upgrade your SENSES experience with wine pairings for an additional fee of $79 per person. We also make available a selection of cocktails, beers and wines by the bottle.

Rules

1. Doors Open at 7 pm and we appreciate on-time arrivals.
    2. We only serve guests aged 18+ due to hotel rules.
    3. Booking Fee deposit of $40 is required for reservations. This fee will be deducted from your bill at the end of the night.
    4. Cancelation Policy: If you cancel your reservation at leas 24 hours before your reservation date, we will refund your booking fee. If you cancel less than 24 hours before your reservation, you will not receive a refund.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Any restaurant with that many rules is not something i would be interested I have no desire to try that place. I read their website. They use locally sourced produce when possible which is funny because Aruba doean't grow any produce.

Aruba since 1979
    i kinda had the same reaction re "rules"
    imo, they should change the word RULES to POLICIES
    the word rules do not really give that "welcoming feeling"

there are some locally grown things.....there is at least one hydroponic garden place that supplies some restaurants at times.
    paul and i visited the hydroponic place about 8 or more years ago with our friends Sherry and Murray (they themselves were big into hydroponics)
    we saw lots of lettuce and tomatoes growing!
    the owner of the place told us that they sell some of the produce to some of the restaurants.
    it was a real interesting operation there!!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Any restaurant with that many rules is not something i would be interested I have no desire to try that place. I read their website. They use locally sourced produce when possible which is funny because Aruba doean't grow any produce.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    first, I agree with you Andrea, change it to policies, not rules. I'm going to dinner, not participating in a competition. Second, what's with this new trend of they deciding the menu. Before I spend $100 or more per person for dinner, I want to know what you are serving me, not the Chef's choice. If its the chef's choice, then the chef should pay for it, lol, only kidding. But I stay away from restaurants like that. I know I'm no gourmet eater but I still want to know what you serving me prior to me making a reservation.

I do sympathize with people making reservations and not showing up but $40 is alot. They said if its more than 24 hours, they wouldn't charge you. But what would have happened like my situation where it was hours before I emailed after returning from the dr. I would have been charged $80 (me & hubby)? or would I have had to give them a dr's note like I was a child?

When i got sick that week and went to Urgent Care, I had a reservation at Quinta del Carmen for that night. I emailed them and explained I would have to cancel. I got the nicest email back saying how much they appreciate I cancelled and that I feel better and they hoped that they could see us on another night. They are definitely on my list.

Aruba since 1979
    agree 100%

there are many people that love this type of restaurant with the limited seating and the price fixed menu of chef choice...and that is ok.
    i am not one of those people.
    if paul and i were to pay $100 pp, we would at least like to be able to choose from a menu that has numerous entree choices.

i am sure supplies/ingredients are purchased based on the reservations for a particular evening.
    the $40 pp probably covers that cost.
    i am still on the fence re: the pp $ deposit ant any restaurant. i understand it, but not sure that i like it.

i am sure that this restaurant will be successful.
    there are enough folks visiting aruba that love this concept.
    reservations at these kind of places often times are hard to get and sometimes need to be made 6+ months out.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    first, I agree with you Andrea, change it to policies, not rules. I'm going to dinner, not participating in a competition. Second, what's with this new trend of they deciding the menu. Before I spend $100 or more per person for dinner, I want to know what you are serving me, not the Chef's choice. If its the chef's choice, then the chef should pay for it, lol, only kidding. But I stay away from restaurants like that. I know I'm no gourmet eater but I still want to know what you serving me prior to me making a reservation.

I do sympathize with people making reservations and not showing up but $40 is alot. They said if its more than 24 hours, they wouldn't charge you. But what would have happened like my situation where it was hours before I emailed after returning from the dr. I would have been charged $80 (me & hubby)? or would I have had to give them a dr's note like I was a child?

When i got sick that week and went to Urgent Care, I had a reservation at Quinta del Carmen for that night. I emailed them and explained I would have to cancel. I got the nicest email back saying how much they appreciate I cancelled and that I feel better and they hoped that they could see us on another night. They are definitely on my list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast