Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AndyM

Thread: Sensitive Stomach?

Sensitive Stomach?

DH has a sensitive stomach. How safe is the food and water in Aruba? Is there anything specific he should avoid, or anything he should try to do to avoid having a negative experience?

Aruba since 1979
    safe safe safe water outstanding drinking water from a very good desalinization plant.

food outstanding.
    on occasion we may hear of someone getting stomach bug while there or maybe food poisoning.

aruba is not a 3rd world like country where cleanliness/hygiene are issues.

Any Aruba beach...

I have IBS, as well as an extremely sensitive stomach. In addition, I am unable to eat certain foods.

Having said that I have always only drank tap water in Aruba and never been sick.
    I have never been sick from anything I have eaten in Aruba at any restaurant or resort.

As Andrea stated, Aruba is not a 3rd world country with the world's third largest desalinization plant.

On the other hand, I have traveled on cruise ships sailing out of the U.S. and once was sick for a number of months upon returning home.

Go, enjoy, no worries.

palm beach, eagle beach, any happy hour
    The water in Aruba is definitely better tasting than the water in NJ!

Paradise Beach Villas Eagle Beach
    The water in Aruba tastes better than the water coming out of my tap at home. I took a tour of the water plant a few years ago and was impressed with the process. There are no water issues.

My wife has IBS and other stomach issues. We have never had a problem.