Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Marriott Surf Club's Lazy River, Arashi Beach, The Natural Bridge (both before and after) The Caves

Thumbs up SHAHAI Takeaway, a MUST try!

The wife and I have been to most of the great restaurants on Aruba, but this trip we wanted to see what it would be like if we were a local. My wife had read a journal written 3 years ago online and the author said the she and her hisband stopped at a local place called SHAHAI Takeaway. We looked and found it and its amazing. Now there is 2 different parts, a true takeaway, and a seperate "grill" restaurant with table service. We ate the first time at the Grill. Had the " Mixed Grill" Came with skirt steak, a large chicken breast, and a pork chop, also your choice of 2 sides and their version of cole slaw. Each order (we each ordered our own) could have fed the both of us! The meat was fork tender and spiced perfectly. All this plus 2 bottles of coke for the 1/3 the price of any restaurant! Feel free to contact me for more info or directions. This is a must try for anyone looking to feel like a local. Worth the 20 minute drive from the Surf Club!

Could you please post directions here for everyone to view?

SHA HAI is on the road from Balashi to Santa Cruz, near the new baseball stadium.

So from the airport, heading toward San Nicolaas, turn left at the traffic light at Balashi. Go up the hill and keep looking to the right. You'll see Shahai on the right.

If you get to Santa Cruz proper, you went to far.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Marriott Surf Club's Lazy River, Arashi Beach, The Natural Bridge (both before and after) The Caves
    Thanks SanNic44 for the directions! For those of you coming from the palm beach area, i would say follow San Nic44's directions, if you do, its just the one turn at the Balashi factory, and then a couple of minutes on the right. The alternate directions would be, from the surf club on 1, go to the first circle, go around 3/4 of the way ( if texaco is on your left your doing ok) Then drive about 20 minutes. When you pass Taco Bell and KFC its about another minute ahead on the left....its road 4, a or b depending on the direction your traveling
    Last edited by welovearuba; 08-15-2010 at 08:25 PM.