Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Show at Crystal Palace Theater

Does anyone know what show is playing, if any, at the Crystal Palace Theater downtown? Is it worth the money? Let me know.

Dave
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    At this time there are no shows at Crystal Theatre. At the end of Dec. 2007, they started a new show with headliner entertainment. It was called Showtime Aruba. It didn't last long. I think they had a problem booking entertainers.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 05-17-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    you are right liz!
    they could not book the entertainers because they could not pay the entertainers.

in order for it to have worked profitably/break even for the promoter, entertainer, venue..........the seats had to be packed for every show.

in aruba, unfortunately after hard days of beaching and other outdoor activities.......folks just had no desire to sit for a show.
    (i would have been willing and others that are members here had been willing, but not enough to make the plan work)

there is ample desire to dine out and gamble though

i have been told repeatedly that "aruba is not vegas."
    "what happens in aruba, hits this forum"
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    At this time there are no shows at Crystal Theatre. At the end of Dec. 2007, they started a new show with headliner entertainment. It was called Showtime Aruba. It didn't last long. I think they had a problem booking entertainers.

Thanks Liz and Andrea. That is too bad. Really enjoyed the Lets Go Latin show that used to play there. Plenty of other options as you mentioned.

Dave
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

I walked by the theater yesterday and there is a sign that says "Opening Soon, Havana Dance". So there is a new show planned.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!