Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Smokey Joe's (Rib Shack)

I wonder if anyone can help me with directions to Smokey Joe's (Rib Shack). It is a "local" place that serves ribs and burgers. I found it listed on "The Bent Page" (August 2010). It looks interesting and I would love to try it. I think there is a Smokey Joe's in town, but I am sure that it is not the one referred to on the web page.

Smokie Joes is located directly in front of Playa Linda in the high rise section. The ribs are terrific. Enjoy.

Dom
    I was just there last night. Ribs are very good and reasonably priced. A full rack of ribs is only $17.95, and a bottle of Balachi beer is only $3.00.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Not exactly a "local" place ;-). But you will not leave hungry (if you are from this planet). Ate there for the first time the other day. I tried the 4-way sample platter to around $25. I am not a small guy at all, but I could not even finish half of it. So good value for money, especially for the high-rise area.

Carsten

We love Smokey Joe's and always fit it into our schedule of restaurants. We always bring some leftovber ribs back to the TS. They make a great after beach snack with a cold Balashi!

Love Smokey Joe's! This has become our first night meal every visit to the island!

I will give you all a hint on what to order when you go for ribs. If you are beer drinkers, order six Balachi in a bucket of ice. The beer stays nice and cold during dinner AND you can wash your hands in the bucket after yoou eat. Comes in real handy when you are a mess from the sauce on the ribs. . . . Works great every time. . . Just a hint from someone who goes to Smokey Joe's often. . . .

Tom and Stanley

PS: I always try and bring some ribs home for Stanley. Does not happen often however. .

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    I wonder if anyone can help me with directions to Smokey Joe's (Rib Shack). It is a "local" place that serves ribs and burgers. I found it listed on "The Bent Page" (August 2010). It looks interesting and I would love to try it. I think there is a Smokey Joe's in town, but I am sure that it is not the one referred to on the web page.
    It's definitely not a "local" place but people (tourists) seem to love it.

The one downtown is called Iguana Joe's - another tourist spot.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018