Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Soenchi's Aruban Cuisine

Arrow Soenchi's Aruban Cuisine

My husband and I went to Soenchi's twice in December. It was outstanding, in both food and service.
    My husband, as is his way, ordered the exact same thing both times - fish croquettes as an appetizer, roasted chicken for dinner and these sort of banana eggroll things for dessert. He raved about all of it.
    I had a chicken satay appetizer on one night. It came with, if I recall correctly, a peanut sauce, pieces of coconut, a pineapple salsa, and lightly pickled cucumbers. The variety of textures and flavors was interesting and delightful. On the other night I had a fried goat cheese starter that was perfectly fried and crispy outside and creamy inside. It was on top of a some greens with a tangy dressing, cherry tomatoes and little orange fruits that the server told me were gooseberries. (They tasted like a cross between a tomato and a tangerine. They were a pleasant surprise.) There were also thin, perfectly cooked slices of beet arranged down the sides.
    For one dinner I had the Keshi Yena - rich and spicy and delicious but very filling; for the other I had filet mignon. The filet was a bit underdone when I got it and the server graciously took it back to be cooked a bit more. (It was not the first time this happened to me in Aruba, so I wonder if "medium rare" means something different there than it does in the US?) Once done to my liking, it was wonderful.
    We ordered from the three course prix fixe menu, which I think was US$35.
    Sorry this is long, but I really liked Soenchi's.

Thank you The restaurant sounds wonderful and perfect for a foodie I know Right up his alley Even made my mouth water

Looks delicious - wish i had known about it when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Will put it on my list of places to try when DH and I go back in September!!
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Aruba since 1979
    it looks wonderful.

too many restaurants, not enough days.

Has anyone else made it to Soenchi's?

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    No, but just based on the menu and photos, I think we'll give it a go in July.

It's one of my list of restaurant to go I saw a picture of their Aruban Reef Crystal Tear dessert and immediately got attracted to it!! Can't wait to try it out next week ^^

Please let us know how you dinner goes. We have reservations for dinner while we are on the island towards the end of June and are looking forward to it as well.

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Lisa, If you could "pay it forward," we'd appreciate it, since we're there in early July. We look forward to your review.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast