Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Pegmeister
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By Pegmeister
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Sole Mare

Sole Mare

Have to say I was somewhat leary of Italian food in Aruba, but I had a very in nice dinner at Sole Mare. I could do without the accordion player coming to my table though. I guess some people like that? My SIL had recommended it a few times so on our last night we decided to give it a try. Garlic bread and fried polenta with marinara was offered to start the meal and it was delicious. The dipping sauce was what made me decide to try the veal parm. Now this is not the same as what you would get in the North End of Boston, but it was really tasty as was the pasta. DH had fettuccini Alfredo and devoured the entire plate. I definitely would recommend Sole Mare. We also peeked into Barneys which is located next door. We'll have to et there next trip.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 05-16-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    if you go mother's day week next year we will join you at sole mare!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Sounds yummy, I love Italian food. I am sitting here laughing so hard about the accordian player, I can just imagine my DH sitting there while they were playing although he does tell me how he used to play it as a young boy (lol)

Okay I'm ashamed to admit this but when he asked for requests I told him Tom (DH) couldn't hear well and so he went away. Kind of true because Tom was having difficulty understanding what he was asking.

Aruba since 1979
    ok i am laughing
    i find it very awkward to have an person on accordion or any other instrument "perform a serenade" makes me very uncomfortable!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Okay I'm ashamed to admit this but when he asked for requests I told him Tom (DH) couldn't hear well and so he went away. Kind of true because Tom was having difficulty understanding what he was asking.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    add a mariachi trio to that list as well.

Ah, the Mariachi trio. Everytime they come to a table where I'm sitting I ask them to sing the "Frito Bandito" song. Unfortunately none have ever known the tune, but they will usually move on after the request

Aruba since 1979
    One year at old conucu house Paul asked the musician to borrow his accordion and Paul serenaded me with "twinkle twinkle little star". On of his many talents ��

Sole Mare is on our must go to list every year. Accordion player must be new, never experienced entertainment there before. Never disappointed with food or service. Ate at Barneys last year and everything was great. Will eat there again this year.