Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Sonny from Don Carlos

Does anyone know what happened to Sonny the waiter from Don Carlos after they closed. Have gone to see him twice a year for many years and would like to find him on our return in March. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by wrclinda View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Sonny the waiter from Don Carlos after they closed. Have gone to see him twice a year for many years and would like to find him on our return in March. Thanks!!
    When did Don Carlos officially close? I thought they were renovating there.

Whenever I'm in Aruba (staying at the Renaissance Ocean Suites), I always include Don Carlos on my list of restaurants to visit. When I was in Aruba last month (January 15-22), I ate dinner at Don Carlos twice. Sonny was there, and he always remembers me, and even what I order for dinner! (Well, I'm a creature of habit, and always order the same thing: their delicious veal parmigiana with a side of penne pasta with alfredo sauce.) Some renovations were done on the restaurant, including a new floor.

Thats good news, we were there at Thanksgiving and it was closed, no work was going on. We thought they closed. Glad they are open again!! Thanks for the info

We are there for Thanksgiving almost every year! We probably walked by eachother.

We go every TG too, and try to go for our daughters spring break when possible!