Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Special Diets

Special Diets

I am wondering how accommodating places are to vegetarian/vegan and or gluten free type diets.We will be going to aruba this summer with a large group...30 ppl. We are planning to stay at one of the Divi resorts... hoping to book the villas at one of the time shares so that I have a kitchen. We are planning to do the All Inclusive plan for the group.

My 2 year old has PKU. This means that he can't have wheat, egg, milk, meat, soy, nuts, etc. What he actually can't eat is protein. He is allowed to have 4.5 grams of protein per day. I need to look up the protein values for everything and then measure the portions he has.

I am very loyal to brands based on what I have nutritional values for.
    I also buy a lot of specialty foods for him Rice milk, Puffed rice cereal... gluten free pretzels, sorbets.... Also I can use some different baby foods still. I am not sure what the supermarkets stock down there for these types of food.

I am not sure what I will be able to pack to bring with me, but I have all kinds of special order foods for him. Pasta's, special flours, pancake mixes etc. If we end up with out a kitchen will I be able to have any of these things cooked for him?

I am not sure how the AI's will work during the day because of the buffetts. Will I be able to order plain fruits and vegatables with out any kind of cheese's, sauces etc.

I could go on for ever with the lists of what I am hoping to be able to buy there, but I guess I am looking for some feedback from other people with special dietary needs what their experiances have been.

Thanks for any input!

Any Aruba beach...
    Welcome to the forum. The Divi and Tamarijn offer fresh fruit on their breakfast and lunch buffets. I am not sure about dinner buffet, but I am sure if it is not "out" they would be able to obtain it from the kitchen for you considering your special circumstance. As to vegetables, there is an array of typical salad bar fresh vegetables- cauliflower, broccoli, shredded carrot, cucumber, tomatoes ... and some days there is a selection of hot vegetables.

Gluten free drinks

Gultin pancakes

Can I buy Lactose free milk near the Tamarjin?

Gluten/Wheat free food.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel

Gluten free food

restaurants with vegetarian options?

Cheap Pescatarian/Vegetarian Options

Wok Away
    What Food Do You Bring in Your Suitcase?

Bringing Food from States to Aruba?

Anyone Bring Food in their suitcases?

Food From Home