Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You can still pay with Florins where ever you go in Aruba.

Fact of the matter is that Arubans also love the american chains. I myself love Starbucks and would like to have a Starbucks in Aruba. People often say that Aruba is too developed and to Americanized. Well I believe that when you cruise through Aruba and go and explore the rough side of Aruba you discover the REAL Aruba. Approximately 38% of Aruba is not developed or not built on. Only the downtown and hotel area are developed.
    Last edited by ArubaSalsa; 03-14-2008 at 01:43 PM.
    Salsa Greetings,

Reggie
    www.arubasalsa.com

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
    As time goes by, Aruba looks more and more like the USA.

IMHO this is not a good thing. If I want Starbucks at a good beach I can drive to South Beach Miami and it would cost a lot less than flying to Aruba. We go to a foreign country to be in a foreign country, not in a mini USA.
    Exactly!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaSalsa View Post
    You can still pay with Florins where ever you go in Aruba.

Fact of the matter is that Arubans also love the american chains. I myself love Starbucks and would like to have a Starbucks in Aruba. People often say that Aruba is too developed and to Americanized. Well I believe that when you cruise through Aruba and go and explore the rough side of Aruba you discover the REAL Aruba. Approximately 38% of Aruba is not developed or not built on. Only the downtown and hotel area are developed.
    It is always nice to hear the perspective of a "local" on the issues. I do not doubt for one moment that you are correct. Who am I as a guest to dictate what businesses you should have on your island?

When it gets overcrowded though I think we'll both be looking at each other, scratching our heads saying, "how did it ever get this way?"

People talk about Bonaire and parts of Curacao being like Aruba was years ago, but a lot of tourists will not go to Bonaire because there is just "not enough there or it is too quiet". Can't have it both ways can we?
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 03-14-2008 at 02:07 PM.

I absolutely agree with you Arubalisa, that's why I do believe that you should have the option to do whatever you want. In Aruba you do have an option to go to an American chain or to go and experience the Aruban dinners and local traditions. You can actually enjoy just our beaches and relax throughout your vacation or you can make it as adventurous as you like.

Take a walk along the path between the Hotels and Beach get a cup of coffee at DD or pelican pier the atmosphere will make you forget all about Starbucks

Starbucks downtown

Currently the only Starbucks store in Aruba is in the Renaissance Marketplace where Chai Latte is served and florin are accepted.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum gringo.

we welcome your insight as a "resident"
    andrea

The starbucks at the ren has mostly Aruban customers. Went there once for
    a medium white chocolate latte - $5.00

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    The starbucks at the ren has mostly Aruban customers. Went there once for
    a medium white chocolate latte - $5.00
    The several times we went the place was full of students mid morning in their uniforms..seemed odd to us.

When TGIFs first opened there were a lot of Aruban customers.

I think that Arubans like (some) american brands. It's something
    different and 'new' for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12