Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Stroopwafels -Hyatt Brunch - Laguna Rest.

Hi
    30 more days!!! Already daydreaming at work!! What are Stoopwafles & where can you buy them ? are they exspensive??
    Also this is our 4th trip & every trip we say we are going to the Hyatt Brunch & even though you should not be practical on vacation I look at the price & you know the rest. How much is it this year & Opinions PLEASE is it worth it??? Do you need reservations if you go around 11-12 ish on June 1st?? We really would like to try it
    Last year we went to Laguna Buffet at the Radison on the Chateau steak night, the meat was good & the salad was good but all the rest was not so good, & we do not expect service to be fast but this was crazy slow or non existant!!! I understand they might of gone up in price does anyone know how much it is & if they have had a good experience there?? Should we try again??
    The other restuarants we have in mind are:
    Marandi our favorite Best all around for us
    Smokey Joes Ribs-potatoes & that fried orea desert YUMMY
    We will try Matthews (we are staying at the Aruba Beach Club)
    Yeninha Woodfired Grill from reading the Board
    Wacky Wahoos another favorite of ours they are the nicest people !!
    Pizza Bobs the old standby on the first night!!
    Thanks for the help with my questions!!

Quote Originally Posted by kathycid View Post
    What are Stoopwafles & where can you buy them ? are they exspensive??
    Stroopwafel Cookies

http://www.dutchmarket.com/ppstwa.html
    "Stroopwaffels or Syrup Waffle Cookies are a traditional Dutch treat and a favourite of all ages. Two crispy golden cookies are baked in a special waffle iron, then dark treacle syrup is sandwiched between them. Sweet and Chewy!

Double Dutch Syrup Waffle Cookies are baked right here in Ontario. Why Ontario and not in the Netherlands? It's because of the syrup. Sure, we can import Syrup Waffle Cookies from the Netherlands but we found that during shipping, the syrup would begin to gather in the bottom of the package. With Double Dutch Syrup Waffle Cookies, we know we are getting Cookies that are fresh and baked using a traditional family recipe by expert Dutch-Canadian Bakers!"

I Was At The Hyatt The 2nd Week In April. I Highly Recommend The Sunday Champagne Brunch. I Cannot Even Describe The Amout Of Different Elegant Food. My Fiance And I Wished We Took A Picture. There Is Absolutely Everything You Can Think Of And Lots Of Champagne Included. It Is $35 Per Person And Well Worth It. We Made A Reservation.

Joanie A

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Went to Laguana 2 wks ago, the prices are back down to everything for 19.95. Last year each nite was a different price and we noticed the crowd was much lighter. We did Italian nite, they had the pasta station, and other asst italian things. Was it good,yes, great, no. However, it worked very well for the crowd of 29 we had brought. Kids under 10 were free and we had 7 under that age.
    They took a reservation and the service was fast. Will we go back next yr, I doubt it. To many other places to explore. I have grown tired of it.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Hi
    30 more days!!! Already daydreaming at work!! What are Stoopwafles & where can you buy them ? are they exspensive??
    Also this is our 4th trip & every trip we say we are going to the Hyatt Brunch & even though you should not be practical on vacation I look at the price & you know the rest. How much is it this year & Opinions PLEASE is it worth it??? Do you need reservations if you go around 11-12 ish on June 1st?? We really would like to try it
    Last year we went to Laguna Buffet at the Radison on the Chateau steak night, the meat was good & the salad was good but all the rest was not so good, & we do not expect service to be fast but this was crazy slow or non existant!!! I understand they might of gone up in price does anyone know how much it is & if they have had a good experience there?? Should we try again??
    The Hyatt Brunch this year is $39.07

HYATT SUNDAY BRUNCH MENU

Aruba since 1979
    Re STROOPWAFFELS
    they can be purchased @ lings supermarket in aruba
    $2.50 pkg (us dollars)
    i intended to bring back a bunch of packs to stick in the freezer.
    intentions were good, but i forgot.

andrea

Hi