Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Stroopwaffles

Stroopwaffles

For stroopwaffle lovers here, Superfood had a table set up inside the main entrance on the right making homemade stroops.

No way! My son would be drooling!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    we purchased these when we were in aruba.
    they were good.
    i saw an ad on tv (an aruba local channel) for the ones at superfood entrance.

we bought more from the cookie aisle in the container that was decorated in delft blue.
    we liked those just as well if not better!
    so, we bought those for ourselves and a few as gifts.

do you need me to fix the title of this thread or is "stro" ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    For stroopwaffle lovers here, Superfood had a table set up inside the main entrance on the right making homemade stroops.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we purchased these when we were in aruba.
    they were good.
    i saw an ad on tv (an aruba local channel) for the ones at superfood entrance.

we bought more from the cookie aisle in the container that was decorated in delft blue.
    we liked those just as well if not better!
    so, we bought those for ourselves and a few as gifts.

do you need me to fix the title of this thread or is "stro" ok?

Yes. Please fix it. The iPad continues to have a mind of its own. I think it's a female version

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    As one who has never tasted these cookies how would one describe? Anything comparable to cookies back in the states?

I hope they are making some when we get there this time next week. We had them made fresh in Amsterdam this summer at street market. The locals were even lined up for them.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    As one who has never tasted these cookies how would one describe? Anything comparable to cookies back in the states?
    They are two thin waffle-like(similar to pizzelles in texture) outer layers with a caramel-like filling. I'm not much for caramel, but these are really good, but very sweet. I am told the translation is "syrup waffle".

Not really - thicker than a wafer - like those woven looking sugar free wafer sticks https://voortman.com/wafers/ - and round with sugar dusted on top and caramel in between 2 wafers. It all melds together so there is no real definition between the caramel & the wafer

lol - much better Robin. It took me a long time to try & type that! pizzelles is a much better reference.

The smell of "maple" syrup or pancake syrup makes me nauseous. Stroopwaffles come very close to that scent, even though it's supposed to be caramel which doesn't make me sick at all

Aruba since 1979
    divi.........in november we will sit with cups of coffee or tea........put 1 stroopwaffel cookie on the top of the cup and let it warm for a minute or 2.

do u have an aldis nearby?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast