Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Suggestions for daughter's 21st Birthday Dinner

Hello!

My husband and I will be on Aruba 5/4-11 (my 1st trip, his 2nd). Our daughter will turn 21 on 5/6. We decided about a week ago to fly her down for literally a couple of days (5/6-8) ~I'm so excited to be able to spend her birthday with her, especially because she goes to college out of state, and we don't get to see her nearly as much as we'd like to!

She asked if we could go to a "fancy" restaurant to celebrate her birthday, so I'm trying to get some ideas... I'm leaning toward Madame Janette...

Thoughts? Opinions?

Btw, we don't normally do such frivolous excursions, so this will be an extra-special trip, all around! I've really enjoyed poking around this forum, reading great questions and responses.... It's much appreciated!

-Amy

Welcome to the forum

If you had to pick three...

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum and i think Madam Janette is a perfect choice for your daughter's birthday.
    and in the month of MAY it is "white asparagus special" there will be entrees with white asparagus and they are deeelicious.

Quote Originally Posted by yemrota View Post
    Hello!

My husband and I will be on Aruba 5/4-11 (my 1st trip, his 2nd). Our daughter will turn 21 on 5/6. We decided about a week ago to fly her down for literally a couple of days (5/6-8) ~I'm so excited to be able to spend her birthday with her, especially because she goes to college out of state, and we don't get to see her nearly as much as we'd like to!

She asked if we could go to a "fancy" restaurant to celebrate her birthday, so I'm trying to get some ideas... I'm leaning toward Madame Janette...

Thoughts? Opinions?

Btw, we don't normally do such frivolous excursions, so this will be an extra-special trip, all around! I've really enjoyed poking around this forum, reading great questions and responses.... It's much appreciated!

-Amy

Thank you! I think that's going to be where we'll go (and Andrea, my daughter loves asparagus!)

We can't wait! )

Aruba since 1979
    MJs will have their usual menu too and then the special white asparagus menu.

Quote Originally Posted by yemrota View Post
    Thank you! I think that's going to be where we'll go (and Andrea, my daughter loves asparagus!)

We can't wait! )

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    Another thought is Chef's Table. My sisters and I both agreed that it was by far the best meal we had this past trip. The building is unassuming on the outside but very expansive and beautifully decorated on the inside. We sat in what would normally be called the back yard on a covered patio. The service was very attentive and the food was outstanding. I love MJ's but this was a little different for us and we all loved it. MJ's is busy and Chef's Table is quiet - both amazing but dramatically different.

jaw
    I would suggest Marandi. Arrive at 6 to enjoy the sunset then party. Food has always been good as well. The only drawback is the transportation to and from. If you have a rental car, it is not a problem, but cab fare could be expensive.

21st Birthday

Either Madame Janette's or Papiamento would be wonderful places to take your daughter for dinner. I'll be in Aruba at the end of May and I can't wait to eat at both of those restaurants. I have 4 other favorite restaurants that I can"t wait to get back to. Have a great time.

birthday restaurant

We did the exact same thing with our daughter two years ago...Take her to Papiemento, outdoor setting, around a beautiful pool, white lights, excellent food and service. have fun

Oh boy... Decisions, decisions....!

Thanks so much, Everyone!!

-Amy