Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sunset grill Vs LG Smith

Just curious, am staying at the Radisson, have a reservation already for the Sunset, I noticed that LG's has a Dinner Deal for 2, now # 1, is the food so different ? ( have a food credit there, but
    would rather save for lunch and drinks, if.... )
    # 2, how far away from Radisson is LG's ( would cab it )

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    # 2, how far away from Radisson is LG's ( would cab it )
    About $8 each way per fare, not per person, except Sunday $3 extra then.

Haven't eaten at LG Smith's but have heard only good things and the "Dinner for 2" is certainly a fabulous deal. https://gifts.marriott.com/giftCertificate.aspx?type=dinnerForTwo

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    I have dined at both Sunset Grill and L.G. Smith's. Sunset Grille has a more extensive menu and I liked the ambiance better there (ate on the outdoor terrace). Though if you are trying to save $$, LG's is the way to go.

am trying to find the menu for the special 109.00, can some send

am still undecided, like the fact that I'm right at the Radisson and don't have to travel, but that 109.00 looks attractive

http://www.lgsmiths.com/menu.htm

https://gifts.marriott.com/terms.aspx?type=dinnerForTwo

1. THIS CERTIFICATE IS VALID FOR ONE DINNER, FOR TWO PEOPLE, AS SHOWN ON THE FRONT OF THIS CERTICATE. IF REDEEMED MORE THAN (2) TWO YEARS PAST THE DATE OF ISSUANCE, THIS CERTIFICATE IS LIMITED TO A DOLLAR VALUE OF $99. ANY CHARGES ABOVE THAT AMOUNT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CERTIFICATE HOLDER.
    2. This Certificate is valid at casual and most specialty restaurants in participating Marriott Hotels & Resorts, JW Marriott Hotels & Resorts, and Renaissance Hotels & Resorts worldwide and at Courtyard locations outside of North America only. This Certificate is NOT VALID at any of the following restaurants:
    Primo by Melissa Kelly Restaurant in the JW Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes, Ristorante Tuscany and Hawk's Landing Steakhouse & Grille in the Orlando World Center Marriott Resort, Azule in the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa at Ko Olina, The View Restaurant in the New York Marriott Marquis, , Chop Suey in the Renaissance New York Times Square The Pearl Restaurant in the Renaissance London Chancery Court, The Le Pinxo in the Renaissance Paris Vendome or any Benihana, Don Shula's, Jackson's All-American, Pusser's Landingor Ruth Chris' Steakhouse. This Certificate is NOT VALID at Marriott Vacation ClubSM International, Residence Inn®, SpringHill Suites®, TownePlace Suites®, Fairfield Inn®, ExecuStay® or North American Courtyard® locations.

3. Each individual has the choice of one (1) appetizer, salad, entrée, dessert, and unlimited non-alcoholic beverages.

Due to fluctuations and availability, menu items containing abalone, shark's fin, caviar, garupa, bird's nest and 'at market price' items are excluded from this Certificate.

4. Alcoholic beverages may not be paid for or discounted by the use of this Certificate and are the sole responsibility of the Certificate holder.
    5. We suggest you call the restaurant and make reservations in advance. Present this Certificate to the server when ordering. Certificate cannot be applied toward payment of meal plans, catered meals, banquet, room service, special event meals, or holiday meals.
    6. This Certificate may not be honored at restaurants within the hotel not owned or operated by Marriott. Please confirm the use of this Certificate with the hotel or restaurant prior to dining.
    7. This Certificate shall include payment of all taxes and gratuities incurred on all menu items included in this Certificate.
    8. Any items ordered beyond the benefits described in this Certificate are the customer's responsibility. Additional dinner guest, including any related taxes and gratuities, are not included.
    9. This Certificate is issued by and is the property of MI Fulfillment Services, LLC and has no cash value.
    10. This Certificate is not replaceable if lost, stolen, destroyed, or expired. This Certificate is not valid for use after the printed expiration date.
    11. This Certificate is not redeemable for cash or Marriott Gift Certificates. NO CHANGE OR CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN on any unused portion of this Certificate. This Certificate is void and will not be honored if sold for cash or other consideration or auctioned on the internet. This Certificate is transferable when gifted.
    12. Other than covered sales taxes, any tax liability or obligations, including disclosure, connected with receipt or use of this Certificate is solely the responsibility of the holder.
    13. Marriott Reward points can not be earned with the redemption of this Certificate.
    14. PARTICIPATING PROPERTIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

I think the food at Sunset Grille is way better than LG Smith's. That is only my opinion. We eat at Sunset Grille every time we are there and most of the time twice. We too stay at the radisson (love this place although i don't see enough people staying there on this board ). It is definitely more pricey but well worth it, it is one of my favorite restaurants on the island. Either way enjoy!!!
    Arubapiggy, Aruba Dreaming

Baby #2 on the way so no trip until Nov 2010

thanks arubalisa

i had a countdown thingie, just disappeared, would you know why ?

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    thanks arubalisa

i had a countdown thingie, just disappeared, would you know why ?
    Only thing I can think of is that you edited the signature. Perhaps did not save it?

Below are the instructions for the code. The code must be inserted into the signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBurns View Post
    Due to an update of the forum software we had to remove the old countdown application.

Instead of this you can now use a BB code to countdown to your trip. Place something like
    HTML Code:
    Next Aruba trip in [countdown=12/31/2010 5:00 AM;I'm finally there]Count down:[/countdown]
    in your post to get this result

Next Aruba trip in
    To get to the signature:

User CP
    In the left column- Settings & Options
    Edit Signature
    Insert "code"
    Scroll down and click on
    Save Signature

I have a dinner for 2 marriott also. I will be in aruba in August. Do you know if LG Smith's or Simply Fish take the dinner for 2?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weidle View Post
    I have a dinner for 2 marriott also. I will be in aruba in August. Do you know if LG Smith's or Simply Fish take the dinner for 2?
    The 2 for 1 marriot gift certificate is good for both LG Smiths AND Simply Fish.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast