Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sunset grille

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Hmmm..what was the problem, surprized frankly...then again, we all have our favorites...sorry to hear you had a problem.
    Cindy, when was the last time you were there? It used to be a great place and is still "okay" but okay is not good enough for the prices there. It has changed since they got a new chef.

A few years ago I would have picked Sunset Grille over Marandi. Not anymore - Marandi wins hands down for us.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    God ~Amy~ I think we were there 2 yrs ago...things do change thou, thanks for the heads up..cindy

Gotta love this board. and you guys

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    God ~Amy~ I think we were there 2 yrs ago...things do change thou, thanks for the heads up..cindy
    I know, it's sad when an "old friend" turns on you. Happened to Lisa and I with our "old, old friend" Gasparito. And we even gave it two tries after the first so-so dinner, but alas, it is not the same place we knew and loved since '96.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

not sure when this new chef took over, but we were there last, in Nov 07 , and we found the food ( steaks ) ok, not excellent and expensive.

mrk
    Just ate there last week- it was one our our top 2 meals of the week. Would recommend reservations and eating outside as the noise level was very high inside the night we were there. Love the Martini salad.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by mrk View Post
    Just ate there last week- it was one our our top 2 meals of the week. Would recommend reservations and eating outside as the noise level was very high inside the night we were there. Love the Martini salad.

OK folks, here's one good vote for it...yes, we love the outside also, and the service ( 2 yrs ago visited)..also loved the somilier ( sp?)

Maybe they're turning it around. It used to be a favorite but when I won't eat the escargot (one of my favorites for 47 years!) you know it was bad. DH was disappointed as well. If I hear alot of praise from alot of people I'll try to talk him into going back. The prices are so high that an okay meal is NOT okay.

just there in dec..sunset grille has always been on our list of "musts", the past 2 years we felt the restaurant has gone considerably downhill in both the service and quality of food. it has come to our attention that there was a change in head chef during those past 2 years which was most likely the reason for the change in quality of food. it was our daughter's birthday this particular night, and , as in the past we requested a "happy birthday" for her...it's usually a big-to-do there, but this year it was completely forgotten about, which added to our disappointment. in my opinion, i'd skip it...it's pricey, and not really worth it...and to give up the other restaurants you mentioned would be a terrible mistake.

The beach at Andicuri, Beach Bar at the Westin, Sopranos Piano Bar, Downtown Shopping
    We have had great meals at both. Be sure you are hungry when you go to Amazonia.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast