Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sweet Peppers - October 2015

Sweet Peppers - October 2015

So... we'd read on the forum that a number of people like this restaurant... to be honest, I was a little skeptical as we knew where it was located - basically, it's in the middle of a motel-like resort, east of Palm Beach. But, given our experience at Tierra Del Sol the previous night, I thought, "I could do with a little less $45-per-main atmosphere." Keep the expectations low and never be disappointed!

It was fine. Okay, they only had one bottle of sparkling water and the waitress thought white wine from Chile was the same thing as white wine from New Zealand but the staff were all super nice and casual and comfort food was the order of the day. The Spouse had the all-you-can-eat ribs (one serving only as they were huge with fries and coleslaw) and I had the seafood casserole (which was highly recommended by our waitress) which came with steamed vegetables on the side.

The host and the manager both came round to check in on us on a regular basis and, hey, we got to watch "Transformers" and part of "Sin City" on the big screens that surround the outdoor patio. Not too shabby... we'd go back just in the knowledge that the staff were cordial, the food was comfortable and the casual vibe would let us wear flip flops and relax.

Funny moment: when we first arrived, I had to run to the men's room and went back to the host to ask where it is. He responded, "Already?!?" LOL

Aruba since 1979
    i cannot thank you enough for posting your review.
    i needed to smile today.

and my question too "already?" hmmm why did you not go at home
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    So... we'd read on the forum that a number of people like this restaurant... to be honest, I was a little skeptical as we knew where it was located - basically, it's in the middle of a motel-like resort, east of Palm Beach. But, given our experience at Tierra Del Sol the previous night, I thought, "I could do with a little less $45-per-main atmosphere." Keep the expectations low and never be disappointed!

It was fine. Okay, they only had one bottle of sparkling water and the waitress thought white wine from Chile was the same thing as white wine from New Zealand but the staff were all super nice and casual and comfort food was the order of the day. The Spouse had the all-you-can-eat ribs (one serving only as they were huge with fries and coleslaw) and I had the seafood casserole (which was highly recommended by our waitress) which came with steamed vegetables on the side.

The host and the manager both came round to check in on us on a regular basis and, hey, we got to watch "Transformers" and part of "Sin City" on the big screens that surround the outdoor patio. Not too shabby... we'd go back just in the knowledge that the staff were cordial, the food was comfortable and the casual vibe would let us wear flip flops and relax.

Funny moment: when we first arrived, I had to run to the men's room and went back to the host to ask where it is. He responded, "Already?!?" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i cannot thank you enough for posting your review.
    i needed to smile today.

and my question too "already?" hmmm why did you not go at home
    Any time is Tinkle Time!

I'm also obsessed with seeing the condition of restaurant washrooms... usually a pretty good indicator of the state of cleanliness of the place.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Any time is Tinkle Time!

I'm also obsessed with seeing the condition of restaurant washrooms... usually a pretty good indicator of the state of cleanliness of the place.
    Totally agree - I tend to equate the cleanliness of the restroom with the cleanliness of the kitchen.

Thanks for the review!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Curious about what time you were there? The pictures on their Facebook page make it look like it's always a party. So obviously we are considering checking it out
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Curious about what time you were there? The pictures on their Facebook page make it look like it's always a party. So obviously we are considering checking it out
    Hi Tracey... Sunday night around 8:00. It was pretty quiet BUT they have party nights during the week that they told us about - Monday and Tuesday karaoke!!

This restaurant If I'm not mistaken is at the Carribean Palm Beach Resort? I've read good reviews about the rest Sweet Peppers on trip advisor.

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    This restaurant If I'm not mistaken is at the Carribean Palm Beach Resort? I've read good reviews about the rest Sweet Peppers on trip advisor.
    Yes, Sweet Peppers is at Carribbean Palm Village
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    sweet peppers is getting some pretty decent reviews.

there have been a few restaurants in that location over the last 10 years.
    i hope sweet peppers continues to be successful

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    My thoughts to "Already": Most people have to run after they eat the sweet peppers! LOL

I think it's part of the charm that some people just say, what they think in an innocent way, child-like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast