Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Sweet peppers restaurant.

Sweet peppers restaurant.

Hearing about restaurant "Sweet Peppers" at previous location on Eagle beach, decided to have a dinner with our friends at it's new locarion across Holiday Inn plaza. And it was a huge disappointment. Restaurant was almost empty: 2 tables, including our table. The waitresses were so unprofessional and unfriendly. The quality of food was very poor. We ordered Aruban fish soup, Mediterranean seviche, and whole fried red snapper. We asked for bread and
    they brought 4 small pieces of bread for 4 people and butter from the frezeer, hard as a rock.
    Soup and seviche were made from frozen seafood medley, which you can buy in every supermarket. The red snapper was overfried and very small, looks "scared". On the top of everything, they opened all windows and turned off AC.
    I believe it was our worst dinner in Aruba since 2000.
    There are so many delicious restaurants around, and to survive at such prime location they should do much better.
    And pricewise, it was high and did not match the quality.
    We had dinner at Bucaneers day before, and you cannot even compare the service and the quality. What a shame.

We ate there tonight and had a different experience. Our waitress was attentive and we heard her going out of her way for the table next to us with a picky toddler.
    I was surprised that it was not a more casual restaurant. We bith ordered the Aruban Grouper with the mango sauce and bith liked it.
    I wouldn't rush back there, it was nothing special, but I didn't think it was bad.

Aruba since 1979
    with a high rent now in the Palm beach area, that place will really have to improve significantly if they expect to survive.

Buccaneer on the other hand has turned the corner and is really on the upswing.

Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    Hearing about restaurant "Sweet Peppers" at previous location on Eagle beach, decided to have a dinner with our friends at it's new locarion across Holiday Inn plaza. And it was a huge disappointment. Restaurant was almost empty: 2 tables, including our table. The waitresses were so unprofessional and unfriendly. The quality of food was very poor. We ordered Aruban fish soup, Mediterranean seviche, and whole fried red snapper. We asked for bread and
    they brought 4 small pieces of bread for 4 people and butter from the frezeer, hard as a rock.
    Soup and seviche were made from frozen seafood medley, which you can buy in every supermarket. The red snapper was overfried and very small, looks "scared". On the top of everything, they opened all windows and turned off AC.
    I believe it was our worst dinner in Aruba since 2000.
    There are so many delicious restaurants around, and to survive at such prime location they should do much better.
    And pricewise, it was high and did not match the quality.
    We had dinner at Bucaneers day before, and you cannot even compare the service and the quality. What a shame.

Wow what a disappointment. I guess off my list unless I hear some positives. I guess right now the only going for it is their karaoke which a lot of locals go to.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Wow what a disappointment. I guess off my list unless I hear some positives. I guess right now the only going for it is their karaoke which a lot of locals go to.
    My family and I ate there many times while it was located at the Caribbean Palm Village. While never a huge fan it was convenient for a quick bite. Last August, while they were getting ready for the move to their new location, was the worst experience in Aruba in 30 years. They were literally dismantling the place while we tried to eat dinner. The food was the worst we have experienced even there. My nephew was visiting us from California and was too polite to say anything that night, however the next day he was very vocal about the poor quality and poor experience there. I would find it hard to recommend this establishment to anyone since there are so many great restaurants on the island. They won't last long in a high profile location without upping their game to compete with all of the others in the area. Sad since they could have been a top notch place to go while on the island.

Funny I deleted it from my list on my iphone before also. Like soul said there are many great restaurants on the island so when you hear things like this why take the chance and HOPE for a good experience. Just my humble opinion......

Too bad because from the pictures that I have seen on Face Book, the place looks really nice..

Aruba since 1979
    local-aruban-restaurant-in-palm-beach-sweet-peppers
    Angleo Limon has quite a bit to say about Sweet Peppers and there are photos!
    Click above ink for the article

and here is their website link. http://sweetpeppersaruba.restaurant

Bri
    Iím surprised I missed this post when it was initialy posted. I ate there twice in November 2017 and LOVED it. Both times, the restaurant was empty. I brought new friends the second time and they enjoyed it as well. I thought the staff was great and the food was delicious.

Hit or miss, I guess. Iím definitely going back.

This is on my list this trip. I have heard lots of good reviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast