Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coldsteel337

Thread: Sweet Peppers Restaurant at Caribbean Palm Village

Aruba since 1979

Sweet Peppers Restaurant at Caribbean Palm Village

Has anyone given it a try?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Every time I'm on the island, I say I'm going to go there. Maybe next time.

We are owners at Caribbean Palm Village where Sweet Peppers is located. We have tried them several times with mixed results. This year there was an improvement over the past, however there are too many really good restaurants on the island to return over and over. They do have a nice happy hour that I have been known to partake in several times. So give them a try and see what you think!

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by caribbeansoul View Post
    We are owners at Caribbean Palm Village where Sweet Peppers is located. We have tried them several times with mixed results. This year there was an improvement over the past, however there are too many really good restaurants on the island to return over and over. They do have a nice happy hour that I have been known to partake in several times. So give them a try and see what you think!

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    We are also owners at CPV and just returned after a two week stay. We went for the all u can eat ribs on the first Monday. very good service, the food was very good and they were pushing you to have seconds. It was a pleasant meal. My wife and daughter went the next 4 days at happy hour wanting to drink Mojitos. The first three nights they were told they did not have mint and could not make that drink so they settled for beer. On the fourth night they sat at a table after walking up to the bar to order. After waiting 20 minutes watching the bartender serve three other people i walked over to them, heard the story & we left. We found Fermins! Make a right out of CPV and go one mile. It is on the left. Great BBQ and a very good Dutch/Aruban bar with a srong ( free ) WiFi signal. It became my mobile office.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks so much coldsteel for the review.

glad that you found fermins!
    so, because of lack of mint and poor service, "sweet peppers" lost customers.
    disappointing

did you ever speak to the manager at the restaurant/bar about the crummy service/no mojitos?

i am sorry that that your experience was not good.
    ..and they started out so well with the good BBQ on the first monday.

imagine, all it would have taken was mint and attentive service !!

Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    We are also owners at CPV and just returned after a two week stay. We went for the all u can eat ribs on the first Monday. very good service, the food was very good and they were pushing you to have seconds. It was a pleasant meal. My wife and daughter went the next 4 days at happy hour wanting to drink Mojitos. The first three nights they were told they did not have mint and could not make that drink so they settled for beer. On the fourth night they sat at a table after walking up to the bar to order. After waiting 20 minutes watching the bartender serve three other people i walked over to them, heard the story & we left. We found Fermins! Make a right out of CPV and go one mile. It is on the left. Great BBQ and a very good Dutch/Aruban bar with a srong ( free ) WiFi signal. It became my mobile office.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    I walked over one afternoon and asked for the manager but was told he was not on site. I did mention our experiences on the survey that CPV asks everyone to fill out. I really wish they get their act together because we WANT a good place where we stay. I am out fishing alot and it would be nice for my wife and various family members to have a good place right there when I am not away from the resort.