Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi Victor,
    I was at your restaurant the last week of April (I was the lonely blonde at the table for one! ) The waitress didn't give me a menu in English and I didn't know you had one so I suffered through the one she gave me with my limited Spanish (which isn't quite the same as Portuguese .) Anyway, I did pretty well with most of my tapas except for one. I'll be back in Sept. again - hope to try your place again but this time with an English menu!

p.s. Your tapas were very good!
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Hi,

Well all the menus are in Portuguese as if you go to a italian restaurant its in Italian but only the names as for the discriptions are in English or Spanish, Maybe the waitress didnt realize that she give you one in spanish (wrong one) as she knows there are two different menus. I didnt pass at your table??? I always try to pass at each table and say at least hi and hows food but maybe these couple of weeks i have been real busy and maybe by the time i had a chance to pass at the tables you where gone.
    Now I started with more specials and different things people are loving , this 2 weeks i have a portuguese meat in the oven, soon i will have cornish hen in the oven, then cornish on the grill, and rabbit in port wine. Sorry about the menu hun.
    i am very happy as i am getting very goog reviews and comments from people that come by me and the reactions as they have their food are great, it makes me real happy that people like wath We do with so much love. Even on the street I meet tourists that reconise me and tells me how much they liked my food.
    Tapas are diffent and not everybody likes everything, which didnt you like and why??? Whcich from the ones you had did you like the most?? When you come in september ask for me so i can instruct you and explain to you better of which one you should try. the ones that people go crazy about are the clams, the stuffed eggplant, the stuffed pepper, the chorizos and the shrimps with bacon.

My favorite was the chorizo and shrimp. The other one I got was the clams....and it wasn't that the dish was bad, it's just that I'm not overly fond of clams. But, believe it or not, I tried it and for a non-clam eater, it was pretty good! I actually ate quite a bit of it. I can't remember what I thought the dish was going to be but I sure wasn't prepared for clams...like I said, my Spanish is very rusty!

I think the waitress must not have noticed that she gave me the wrong menu. No problems though - since I was alone it gave me something to do as far as trying to figure out what to order....and then actually seeing what I got!

I'll be there in Sept. - maybe a couple of times (once with my girlfriends and once with my husband since he is arriving later.) I'll ask for you when I'm there. See you next month!
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Hi retagger,

We are portuguese/Madeiran and international dishes, and we always have specials that you can see on the site.
    As Liz told you we aint far from where u are building maybe you can even walk it.
    I will be more than happy to serve you.

Victor

Eagle Beach and love venturing out throughout the whole island
    Hello Victor
    I am from Rhode Island and this state has quite a Portuguese community as well as a large Italian community...I love both foods ... I look forward to visiting your restaurant and my husband looks forward to checking in your bakery!!!
    We will be there in November and will come by and introduce ourselves - I tried to get on your mailing list however the website was not able to do so.
    See you in November
    Debbi
    Last edited by arubadebbi; 08-08-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Hi debbi,

I will more than glad to serve you the best i can, as you could read on my website we are a portuguese grill with also some international dishes done the portuguese way, with this i mean that its seasoned and done the way my grandma & mom tought me. I am sure you would love our restaurant.
    90 % of the food is on charcoal and or oven.

thanks for choosing us

Victor

Hi,
    I am very Glad with all the good comentaries i am getting at my restaurant and pleased to make more freinds day by day.
    It was fun and a pleasure to serve penni,husband and daugter last week.
    As well as Sherry, husband and freinds, too bad power went offf but still we had fun, me cooking in the dark for my guests and they eating with a candle!!
    Thanks also to the `person that left a shirt from NY for me behind. Thanks from the bottom of my heart!!

Victor

Aruba since 1979
    sherry and murray had a wonderful time at tasca lacascada and the lack of power made for a wonderful evening for them.

tasca lacascada is one of our top 5 favorites!

andrea

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Your a pro Victor cooking dinner with no electricity. Sherry told me they had a great time with you. Can't wait to see you on my next trip in December.

haven't been anywhere but Palm Beach - looking forward to exploring.
    Hi Victor:

Joyce and Arnie from Glen Cove (LI), NY will be paying you a visit in November! Keep the grill HOT!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast