Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pegmeister

Thread: Taste of Belgium

Taste of Belgium

As if I needed another dessert place, I stopped in to Taste of Belgium a few nights ago. Of course, chocolate cake and chocolate ice-cream were on offer. Treated myself and Mrs. 44 to a plate, and a wickedly good coffee, complete with liquor shot on the side. Very much enjoyed things here, including good service, the glassed in enclosure to limit the noise from the Palm Beach Mall, and of course the tasty dessert. I'll be lingering here, which is good news for my tailor; he'll be adjusting all of my pants soon.

Photos and more at:

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)

Aruba since 1979

West Deck in the afternoon
    I'm also a fan of Taste of Belgium, although I've never experienced their desserts. This is a spot I like to stop in to for light bites in the afternoon and a nice glass of wine. The tiny air-conditoned bar is quite welcoming on a hot afternoon and they have an interesting assortment of appetizers. Last time we were there we had the shrimp in creamy fradiavolo style sauce and some fried grouper sticks with a nice dipping sauce. Bartender was friendly and it made for a nice relaxing afternoon.

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    We had a nice breakfast there one morning, very filling and reasonably priced. I guess we will have to go back for dessert!