Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14

Thread: Taste of Belgium - October 2015

In the pool.

Taste of Belgium - October 2015

We'd never been here but had been to "White Modern" a few times which is located in the same mall (yes, it's a mall but, hey, don't judge a restaurant by it's proximity to "Forever 21"...LOL).

Service was great. For appetizers, The Spouse had french onion soup (good texture and the broth was correctly thin and not too salty) and I had cream of mushroom soup (made with locally grown mushrooms) which was fantastic. For mains, The Spouse had Carbonades flamandes (beef stew) and I had caesar salad with grilled grouper. Both were quite good. I finished it off with Dame Blanche (vanilla ice cream with whipped cream and Belgian chocolate sauce) which was simple but the right end to the meal.

Funny moment - we went upstairs after dinner to the theatre to see if "The Martian" was playing. Because the mall is open air with a courtyard at the centre, we could see the staff scurrying around outside the restaurant and wondered what was going on. I'd left my VISA and they were trying to figure out where we went. I'm not sure why I checked my wallet and saw the card wasn't there. Back down we went and all was well.

We'd go back.

Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    We really like Taste of Belgium, food and service has never disappointed. We wanted to try breakfast there this last trip, but never made it over. Glad you got your card back!

Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Head over heals...
    Glad you got your credit card back. Love the honesty of so many Aruban people!

Under a palapa on Palm beach
    We've been there for breakfast a few times, and it's always been good.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I've only been there for breakfast and its really good. going in november to meet up with Lisa from the Radisson/Hilton