Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Tell me your favorite of all!!!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    In MY family, with a husband who is 2nd generation Italian, we surely get our fill of Italian & Pizza right here in our household. Dh even makes his own dough from scratch.

Seriously though, best experience we ever had with Italian was at Cafe Baci at the Westin.
    Also Italian, 3rd generation in states. Only really good Italian food we ever got on Aruba was at a place that was next to the Black Hog Saloon. I think it was called Alfredos but not sure. It had the best chicken Piccata and Veal parmesan. They served it in skillets and we never left there hungry.

Aruba since 1979
    we loved Alfredos!
    their chicken cacciatore was out of this world.
    my husband loved their chicken parm.
    their pasta was fresh!

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Also Italian, 3rd generation in states. Only really good Italian food we ever got on Aruba was at a place that was next to the Black Hog Saloon. I think it was called Alfredos but not sure. It had the best chicken Piccata and Veal parmesan. They served it in skillets and we never left there hungry.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we loved Alfredos!
    their chicken cacciatore was out of this world.
    my husband loved their chicken parm.
    their pasta was fresh!
    Andrea, it is funny how we found Alfredos. It was our 3rd trip. It was the first time we rented a car for the entire week. We had just left Divi Dutch Village shortly after dark and were trying to decide where to eat dinner. Well, as happened a lot back in the day, the electricity went off all over the island. It was really dark. We happened to drive past the Black Hog and saw lights coming from next door. We drove in and saw that it was a restaurant named Alfredos. They had a generator and were open for business. That was our first time to eat there. Sorry to see it gone.

Aruba since 1979
    yes i too am sorry to see it gone.

we often ended our vacations at Alfredos. It had been our "last supper" before flying home the next day

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Andrea, it is funny how we found Alfredos. It was our 3rd trip. It was the first time we rented a car for the entire week. We had just left Divi Dutch Village shortly after dark and were trying to decide where to eat dinner. Well, as happened a lot back in the day, the electricity went off all over the island. It was really dark. We happened to drive past the Black Hog and saw lights coming from next door. We drove in and saw that it was a restaurant named Alfredos. They had a generator and were open for business. That was our first time to eat there. Sorry to see it gone.

Five Guys is not in Aruba, 5 Burgers is and is not a franchise of Five Guys Burgers and Fries.
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejen22 View Post
    Five Guys is not in Aruba, 5 Burgers is and is not a franchise of Five Guys Burgers and Fries.
    When they first opened it was called Five Guys Burgers. They had to change the name to 5 Burgers.

Ok love Casa Tua for a quick pizza and salad....Love smokey joes for a not so fancy dinner.. Love lindas pancakes for breakfast. Love Chalet Suisse for a nice dinner or MJ"s love Wacky Wahoo for a fish dinner.. and Azzuro for something italian.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    Favorite Pizza Place - Pizza Bob's (We fly Saturday to Saturday and always get the Mexican Pizza on Sunday so we can enjoy the beach all day.)
    Favorite Italian - Azzurro (we ate here on our first trip. We have enough Italian food here in Philly, so we normally don't do that in the Caribbean.)
    Favorite Breakfast Restaurant - Bucuti (We have to maximize the beach time. I would like to try Scott's Brats though.)
    Favorite Lunch Restaurant - Matthew's Beachside (We have a late lunch here on the first day that we arrive.)
    Favorite Dinner Restaurant - 2 Fools and a Bull (We love the food, the company, and the fools. Carte Blanche was great last year also.)
    Favorite Romantic Restaurant - Passions (We had a great anniversary dinner there last year. This year we are doing a romantic beach hut dinner at Bucuti.)
    Favorite Restaurant for Anniversary - Passions (We'll see how Bucuti does this year with the beach hut dinner.)
    Favorite Beach Restaurant - Passions (I want to try Barefoot for comparison.)
    Favorite Kids Friendly Restaurant - Our kids are grown.
    Favorite Happy Hour in the Island - Caribbean Store in Noord (We love the local rum shops. Essoville Rum Shop in San Nicolas, Ranchy Josey in Savaneta, and Cheto's in Paradera are good spots as well.)

Just returning from my third trip and hands down Wacky Wahoo best meal yet

Bestpizza None so far...going to try pizza and more this visit because of reviews. Italian not any to report Make my own and am too picky......I am 3rd generation Italian only resturant I tried was Cafe Baci when we stayed at the Westin. It was good. Best seafood Wacky Wahoos . Best romantic dinner Barefoot . Best breakfast Waters Edge .Nice views and outdoor dining Pinchos Great food Madame Janettes and Chalet Suisse Nice beach dinner Matthews Going to Try Que Pasas and Scots Brats
    Next Aruba Trip [Countdown8/4- 8/18 200PM:]!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123