Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Aruba since 1979

Thanksgiving dinner at the HYATT

Robert's Caribbean Travel Blog
    By Robert Curley, Caribbean Travel Guide

Hyatt Regency Does Thanksgiving Dinner in Aruba
    Monday November 15, 2010

Taking the family to the Hyatt Regency Aruba this Thanksgiving doesn't mean you have you can't have a traditional Turkey Day. The resort is offering special meals and buffet deals that cater to the American holiday, infusing the bird, cranberry, and potatoes with a Caribbean sensibility.

The ample "Holiday Turkey To-Go Special" for the family includes corn chowder, two 12-pound turkeys (oven-roasted and sage roasted), a six-pound glazed ham, stuffing, potatoes, and yams for $146.

If eating out is more your style, the Hyatt's Palms restaurant is serving a four-course Thanksgiving-themed meal for $41.50 from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., which combines traditional holiday favorites with Aruban twists like "Arubiano creole chicken" and "cinnamon cranberry pan

West Deck in the afternoon
    I was surprised at the number of restaurants in Aruba that were offering turkey for Thanksgiving when I was there last year. This year I have reservations at Madame Janettes. They may not have turkey on the menu, but I can't wait. I'm leaning towards the surf & turf.