Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By act1966
  • 1 Post By Traceyd14
  • 1 Post By Squan66
  • 1 Post By mmattalo

Thread: Tierra Del Sol - November 2016

Tierra Del Sol - November 2016

We have a tradition where, on the day we land, we go for dinner at "The Restaurant" (formerly "Ventatnas Del Mar") at Tierra Del Sol.

For the most part, the food and service have been consistently good with one minor blip a few years ago that was rectified immediately.

Until last night.

"The Restaurant" has upped the game service-wise and the food was even better on this visit.

We were greeted by our waiter, Jason, and seated outside on the patio over-looking the golf course and pool. The night was a little humid but we were happy about that as, when we'd left Canada in the morning, the temperature was in the minus digits. Bring on the sweat!

We started with cocktails: I had a Grey Goose on the rocks with a side of club soda and The Spouse had a Grey Goose martini with a twist. Why is this important? Because very few places on the island know how to make a non-dirty martini and the bartender pulled it off perfectly.

I started with the lobster ravioli which was done to perfection in a light tomato sauce and garnished with bright lettuce leaves:

Tierra Del Sol - November 2016-img_0051.jpg

The Spouse opted for a second martini as an appetizer.

For the mains, I had the Oriental Tuna with bok choi and mashed potatoes and The Spouse went for the Osso Bucco served in the traditional way (a regular favourite):

Tierra Del Sol - November 2016-img_0050.jpgTierra Del Sol - November 2016-img_0052.jpg

Both were fantastic.

The service was impeccable. Jason was diligent without being overbearing and the bus staff were on top of their game.

I have a pet peeve in restaurants when the staff don't stay on top of the water refills. They were there the minute the glass was running near empty - every time for two hours.

Something has changed at "The Restaurant" and things are even better.

One of the better restaurants on the island.

Aruba since 1979

Thumbs up "the restaurant" at TDS

Looks excellent!

It is a marvelous place

All this talk about food is making me hungry.
    I really need to go back to Aruba. Wish I could of cancel our cruise but it
    is what it is..

Nice way to start off a vacation!

Sounds like a perfect start! Have you tried the Grey Goose Melon with club soda? I'm a fan.

I am excited to hear the positive reviews for this place. I am choosing our group dinner this year. I made a reservation for 9. We all come to Aruba every year but none of us have eaten here. We are going on a Wednesday night when the offer a special surf and turf menu.

Thanks to Stephen for starting this thread. We look forward to seeing you and your spouse back to TDS real soon. Squan66, feel free to PM me so I can be sure your evening is nothing short of spectacular.