Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    tony roma's i used to visit there all the time since they did the renovation everything has change from good to i do not like anymore because the price got rise so much that it is almost not afordable anymore i remmeber when they used to be in town that wast the real tony romas one
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

Boy do I miss 'King's Ribs'!!!

I second that on the King Ribs!! MMMMmmmm sooo yummy! :-)

Aruba since 1979
    a great rib joint is HOT TAKE AWAY next to Amadeus restaurant.
    i missed King Ribs too, and then tried HOT TAKE away ...YUM.

roma ripoff

thank you for your replies.

i am happy to eat the 31 bucks and not get more food, reduction in bill etc. i will complain with my dollars by not going back.

with all the other great places to eat in Aruba it was very easy to forget about it and move on.

thank you again for the replies

the national parkland (Arakok) Eagle @ Palm Beaches
    My wife and I are passionate about ribs, and for three years, we have been returning to Smokey Joes. They are consistantly superior! They come close to our BBQ experiences in the Southern U.S.---Also, if you get there early, they have $2. Balashi's.---- My idea of heaven.

Tony Roma's used to be our "first night" eatery - it was a tradition started by one of the people we travel with. But after two straight years of being disappointed, we vowed to never go back. (I work in the food industry and understand that restaurants have bad nights. That is why we gave it another try - we were still very disappointed.)

We also noticed that once they remodeled, the service seemed to go down hill. Although the servers/waitstaff try hard, I do believe they are spread too thin. We waited a LONG time for drinks and then again for food.

But like everyone said, there are so many greats restaurants to choose from in Aruba, that we dont need to eat at Tony Roma's. Clearly if their reputation continues this way, they wont be in Aruba much longer!

Well..I have to admit; it has been a long time...but a few years back we went to Tony Roma's and then, we got an amble portion;and the spare ribs were absolutely delicious and nearly fell off the bones because they were so tender.

On the other hand, it is nice to get an up-dated report and opinion. We have not been to "Smokey Joes," but, perhaps, we will try them on our next trip.

About saying something, even though it may embarrass whoever I am with, if either the service or the food is not to my satisfaction; often I will definitely say so. By dong so, perhaps, the next person that comes into an establishment will get better portions; food; or service.

Just an opinion.

Ed

Love Smokey Joes tried it for the first time last year it was fantastic even though teh Yankees were beating my Red Sox and to top it off I was sitting with a Yankees fan and I still liked it.
    Next Aruba trip in

When we went in December we were totally unimpressed.

Ribs were dry, overcooked.....and cool.....not a good combination.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast