Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Top Three, but taking Kids (teens)

Kids would love Marina Pirata. It is situated on a dock out over the water where you can see the fish coming up to the surface. I am pretty sure they had a children's menu, but you could always call ahead to find out. They do have fried chicken

Arrow

The Trip Advisor web site has been killing the Buccaneer lately.

We are heading down in June with an 8 year old and based on aruba.com we were going to give it a try so I was hoping for some assurances from people who have been there recently that the place hasn't disintegrated.

Any dining experiences recently?

Aruba since 1979
    i certainly hope it has not gone downhill :-(

the owner, died last year, and his son had been working side by side there with his dad.

i hope the son has continued to keep BUCCANEER as a landmark restaurant and a real treat for kids!

I'll be sure to update this when we get back then

On Thurs 06/16, we had dinner at The Buccaneer and I report that it appears to be alive and well.

CLICK A THUMBNAILED IMAGE TO SEE A LARGER VERSION

Was it a culinary masterpiece experience in dining . . . no, but I hope no one who goes there is expecting that My wife and I had the grouper and our nephew had shrimp which were prepared as we ordered them and they all tasted very good. Service was very good and our goblets of water were never more than half empty/full before they were topped off.

The place was certainly dated but it was clean (there was a slightly brine-y smell when you walk in but its got huge fishtanks everywhere so that has to be expected). We didn't use the "facilities" so I can't report on them.

As mentioned, we were there on Thurs evening and business was good with mostly familes dining there (some couples as well).

I'd say a fun time and all the fishtanks keep an 8-year old engaged so you are able to sit and have a nice dinner with your spouse/significant other!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234