Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By ~Amy~

Thread: Valintine'S Day Dinner

Valintine'S Day Dinner

Hello all just wanting to know if Mambos is ok for Valintines Day Dinner with 6 people, this is our first time to Aruba.thank you

Aruba since 1979
    Is there a Mambos downtown and upstairs in the Royal Mall?
    Is that the place you are inquiring about? I have no clue, sorry.

Or do you mean Moombas?

if so, Moombas is real laid back, outdoor beach setting, but not at all high end, not in a longshot. It is a great place to go for some cold beer, frozen drinks a burger or something of that kind. They do a huge business during the day and at happy hour and evenings. If you like burgers, ribs, wings etc....Moombas is one of your many choices. It is right there on the beach near Marriott Surf.

some high end would include....Barefoot, or Flying Fishbone or Old Man and the Sea or even Passions. those places are nice, but "couple oriented". these are waterfront dining establishments.

my recommendation.....If there are 6 of you a nice moderately upscale, but not overly expensive restaurant would be Amadeus.
    or
    a little less expensive, Barneys

or Pinchos

or

Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by ubouu View Post
    Hello all just wanting to know if Mambos is ok for Valintines Day Dinner with 6 people, this is our first time to Aruba.thank you

I don't think Mambo's is still in Royal Mall or at least they have changed their name. Moomba's would be a nice place for drinks before hand, but not sure it would fit the bill for a special dinner. Taste of Belgium or White Modern would be nice choices.

Mambo Jambo (downtown) was replaced a year or so ago by a new place called Mojitos.

Moomba's is a very casual beach bar. I would go there for drinks but would skip eating there since their food is pretty mediocre.

Not sure what type of restaurant/food/atmosphere you're looking for but if you want a nice romantic dinner on the beach, my picks would be either Passions or Old Man & The Sea.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks all